Curious About Quality of All-In-Wonder Pro 9800

I am looking to purchase an All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro video card to begin
digitizing home videos. Is this a good product or are there other better
solutions?

Scott

"T. Scott Lad" <tslad1d@alltel.net> wrote in message
> I am looking to purchase an All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro video card to begin
> digitizing home videos. Is this a good product or are there other better
> solutions?
>
> Scott

I have been doing the video digitalization for years. I have done it (burn
it to SVCD or DVD, depending on how much quality I want) with AIW128 pro to
AIW9700 Pro. All have the same the quality once the system is better than
the threshold (1 GHz CPU, AIW128pro) and no frame-dropping. Even today's
cheapest system could do that, and more expensive systems won't do it
better.

T. Scott Lad wrote:

> I am looking to purchase an All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro video card to begin
> digitizing home videos. Is this a good product or are there other better
> solutions?

You can get an entry-level realtime editing board for about the same price,
or a nice bundle with Premiere Pro and the like for a couple of hundred
more.

Take a look at <http://www.videoguys.com>--it's a commercial site but they
carry most brands and models--it'll give you a good idea of what's
available.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)