Administrator.. unable to delete other accounts

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Why can't I , as the administrator,
delete other accounts?. The procedure takes me as far as the 'delete account'
box and then just hangs (doesn't respond).
Thx for your help,
Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about administrator unable delete accounts

    mike 2317 wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Why can't I , as the administrator,
    > delete other accounts?. The procedure takes me as far as the 'delete account'
    > box and then just hangs (doesn't respond).
    > Thx for your help,
    > Mike

    What specific accounts are you trying to delete? The two built-in
    system accounts, Administrator and Guest, *cannot* be deleted.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    I am having the same problem i cannot delete an account i set up for my son
    who has limited access, an i have administraor access

    "Bruce Chambers" wrote:

    > mike 2317 wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2. Why can't I , as the administrator,
    > > delete other accounts?. The procedure takes me as far as the 'delete account'
    > > box and then just hangs (doesn't respond).
    > > Thx for your help,
    > > Mike
    >

    > What specific accounts are you trying to delete? The two built-in
    > system accounts, Administrator and Guest, *cannot* be deleted.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm