Norton System works pro 2004

Hi!
I'm using Norton System works and is great except when the anti virus
software scans my system and finds either a virus or ad/spyware and is
incapable of either repairing, deleting or quarantining it! I'm aware system
files are given protection, but most of the things found are in c:windows
downloaded program files or in temporary internet files, content.ie5. When i
go to the downloaded program files and manually scan each file nothing comes
up, i've checked to show hidden files folders and hidden system files, but
still nothing and when i go to temporary internet files there isn't even a
folder called content.ie5, yet when i use windows search utility it comes up
with lots of content.ie5 folders, sometimes i find the file/program norton
did and manually delete but often these folderdon'tcontain my supposed virus
or adware at all?? Oh and the software is fully updated and i've put the
program as allowed to run in windows firewall.

Lizzybeth1 wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using Norton System works and is great except when the anti virus
> software scans my system and finds either a virus or ad/spyware and is
> incapable of either repairing, deleting or quarantining it! I'm aware system
> files are given protection, but most of the things found are in c:windows
> downloaded program files or in temporary internet files, content.ie5. When i
> go to the downloaded program files and manually scan each file nothing comes
> up, i've checked to show hidden files folders and hidden system files, but
> still nothing and when i go to temporary internet files there isn't even a
> folder called content.ie5, yet when i use windows search utility it comes up
> with lots of content.ie5 folders, sometimes i find the file/program norton
> did and manually delete but often these folderdon'tcontain my supposed virus
> or adware at all?? Oh and the software is fully updated and i've put the
> program as allowed to run in windows firewall.

Automated virus scanners often cannot delete or move files that are
actively in use by the OS. When that occurs, reboot into Safe Mode and
repeat the scan. If the infected file(s) still cannot be automatically
removed, simply follow the instructions provided by the antivirus
manufacturer (usually on the web site) to manually clean up the system.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm