spencer

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Since installing the 4.6 cats the smartgart AGP settings and Fastwright are
set to off and have no way of changing.

Any ideas

Spence

> Since installing the 4.6 cats the smartgart AGP settings and Fastwright
are
> set to off and have no way of changing.

Have you tried "dxdiag". What does it tell you for AGP/Direct3D/DirectDraw
Acceleration?

Bye,
Chris

spencer

Thanks for your help guys.

Went to the MSI live update and downloaded the latest drivers for my MB and
it fixed the problem.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I had cleared the cmos earlier and did
not think.
Also lost the disc with the drivers on.

So I am a Muppet
All together now "Spencer's a Muppet"

Muppet

Spencer wrote:
> Since installing the 4.6 cats the smartgart AGP settings and
> Fastwright are set to off and have no way of changing.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Spence

reinstall your motherboard drivers. AGP driver in particular

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Spencer wrote:
> Since installing the 4.6 cats the smartgart AGP settings and
> Fastwright are set to off and have no way of changing.

Fast writes off is good, about the AGP.... not sure.
Also try alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Thomas

"cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in message
> Spencer wrote:
>> Since installing the 4.6 cats the smartgart AGP settings and
>> Fastwright are set to off and have no way of changing.
>>
>> Any ideas
>>
>> Spence
>
> reinstall your motherboard drivers. AGP driver in particular

I can confirm this. I decided to update my mobo drivers (nforce2) without
installing the ones that related to video (I thought that the 9700 drivers
would do this). However, when I booted the PC my AGP settings were also
inaccesable, reinstalling the whole mobo driver set resolved the problem.

BillL

Bill Larcombe wrote:
> "cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in message
>> Spencer wrote:
>>> Since installing the 4.6 cats the smartgart AGP settings and
>>> Fastwright are set to off and have no way of changing.
>>>
>>> Any ideas
>>>
>>> Spence
>>
>> reinstall your motherboard drivers. AGP driver in particular
>>

> I can confirm this. I decided to update my mobo drivers (nforce2)
> without installing the ones that related to video (I thought that the
> 9700 drivers would do this). However, when I booted the PC my AGP
> settings were also inaccesable, reinstalling the whole mobo driver
> set resolved the problem.
>
> BillL

good to hear