Sharing subdirectories

Hello.
I am trying to share an entire drive on my network. If I share drive "C", I
am still unable to access certain subdirectories with "c". How do I propogate
the sharing to all subdirectories?
Thanks.

NT Shares when access across the network work in conjunction with NTFS
permissions. Specifically, check those folders that may be blocking share
access.

In any case, why would you need to share the entire (C:) drive? It is not a
good idea to do that; rather open up shares only at folders / sub-folders
levels that needed to be accessed.

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks.

"aglaser" wrote:

> Hello.
> I am trying to share an entire drive on my network. If I share drive "C", I
> am still unable to access certain subdirectories with "c". How do I propogate
> the sharing to all subdirectories?
> Thanks.

That worked. I removed "simple sharing," made the subdirectories inherit NTFS
permissions from "C" and then that opened them up.
I want to do this because I am phasing out an older box and I want to be
able to open/access/copy any files I need from that older box. Having the
directory structure I am used to in place rather than a whole bunch of share
names is easier.

Thanks for the help.