Peak Radeon 9800pro?

I have seen a 128mb Radeon 9800 pro made by Peak advertised for a very good
price locally. I cant find any information on the company on the net, or any
reviews on this card (tried google, yahoo etc).

Does anyone out there own this card (or any other Peak branded card), and
what are your opinions on its build quality, performance etc.

Also would be keen to find out if it has a 128 or 256 but memory bus, as I
wouldnt really want a card with a 128 bit memory bus.

Not much to go on I know, but sadly thats all the info I can get about the
card

Thanks

Widge

Check the part #, it could be made by Powercolor.

A good way to tell if the card is 128-bit or 256-bit is by the arrangement
of the RAM chips:

If the chips are in a single line above the processor, it's 128-bit.
If the chips are around the processor in an "L" shape, it's 256-bit.

If the chips are not BGA, it's 128-bit.

"widge" <asds95x1@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> I have seen a 128mb Radeon 9800 pro made by Peak advertised for a very
good
> price locally. I cant find any information on the company on the net, or
any
> reviews on this card (tried google, yahoo etc).
>
> Does anyone out there own this card (or any other Peak branded card), and
> what are your opinions on its build quality, performance etc.
>
> Also would be keen to find out if it has a 128 or 256 but memory bus, as I
> wouldnt really want a card with a 128 bit memory bus.
>
> Not much to go on I know, but sadly thats all the info I can get about the
> card
>
> Thanks
>
> Widge

I couldnt obtain a part number, but I did find a website, although it just
provides an email link to the service department of the company.

Some of the other models in their range do carry Powercolor part#, whilst
others do not. It is generally the higher spec cards that use Powercolor
part#.

I will post any results I get back here

Thanks for helping

Widge

> Check the part #, it could be made by Powercolor.
>
> A good way to tell if the card is 128-bit or 256-bit is by the arrangement
> of the RAM chips:
>
> If the chips are in a single line above the processor, it's 128-bit.
> If the chips are around the processor in an "L" shape, it's 256-bit.
>
> If the chips are not BGA, it's 128-bit.

> "widge" <asds95x1@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > I have seen a 128mb Radeon 9800 pro made by Peak advertised for a very
> good
> > price locally. I cant find any information on the company on the net, or
> any
> > reviews on this card (tried google, yahoo etc).
> >
> > Does anyone out there own this card (or any other Peak branded card),
and
> > what are your opinions on its build quality, performance etc.
> >
> > Also would be keen to find out if it has a 128 or 256 but memory bus, as
> > wouldnt really want a card with a 128 bit memory bus.
> >
> > Not much to go on I know, but sadly thats all the info I can get about
the
> > card
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Widge

Received a very quick reply from Peak.

The specs are 128Mb BGA, 256bit memory bus, 8 x pipelines
Core 380Mhz, Memory 340Mhz

The manufacturer part # is PK-CP-2200

It does look very similar to the Powercolor models (and most others) so I
have ordered it as it isn't a crippled 9800 that some manufacturers are
offering at the moment.

Widge