Video Games store report

JohnS

Local store .. drop by once in a while to ask about
latest and greatest: Sales dude says .. " We got in
3 ATI 9800XT s in a row that failed. Boxes looked
great, but one had the fan sheared off, and huge
scratches across it. Second one was just dead. Third
one, the fan was laying in the bottom of the box and
little parts were missing. " Get the impression that
the manufacturers are cranking them out the door as
fast as they can to hit the sales window. Sales dude
looked kind of grey in the face since I was asking
about the 9800s. I think he is getting chewed out by
burned customers, and doesn't want to sell them
anymore.

johns

JohnS

Oh yes. I have seen this once before years ago ...
small companies where I worked were getting leftovers
because the big guys had bought up all the stock on
consignment for their commercial machines. I would
get 20 mobos in a row that failed after spending all
weekend putting systems together for a customer.
I would find out from the wholesaler that these items
were "returns" after big contracts were filled. Let the
small buyer beware!

johns