Ati 9000 AIW: Where is the 1024X768 still capture sellecti..

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Where can I set the STILL capture resolution in the software which
comes with AIW 9000 PRO???
I can not find it and need to make a 1024X768 capture of a MEDICAL
video tape..

THX

Mich

"Michael" <donmichaelo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Where can I set the STILL capture resolution in the software which
> comes with AIW 9000 PRO???
> I can not find it and need to make a 1024X768 capture of a MEDICAL
> video tape..
>
> THX
>
> Mich

Hows about in PowerDVD - Advanced - Snapshot?

Always use PDVD anyway, as find it much better than ATI Player.

Laurence

Thanks for replying...I like too Powerdvd but it capture just in
BMP..huge!! I wonder why they dont use JPG..

Thanks again..

Mich

"Mich" <m.fiallo@verizon.net.do> wrote in message
> Thanks for replying...I like too Powerdvd but it capture just in
> BMP..huge!! I wonder why they dont use JPG..
>
> Thanks again..
>
> Mich

Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what you
need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later with
PSP or similar.
Laurence

> Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what you
> need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later with
> PSP or similar.
> Laurence

Thanks.
1- It is strange that in my past AIW MMC (ver. 7 and before)I always
had found several capture alternatives and options in a dropdown menu
(from 320 to 1024), but in my AIW9000 I can not find any other option
than 640X480 max. (?)
2- Do you really have done extensive tests between AIW and PowerDVD?
Would you share your findings??

Thanks again

Mich

"Mich" <miguelfiallo@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what
you
> > need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later
with
> > PSP or similar.
> > Laurence
>
> Thanks.
> 1- It is strange that in my past AIW MMC (ver. 7 and before)I always
> had found several capture alternatives and options in a dropdown menu
> (from 320 to 1024), but in my AIW9000 I can not find any other option
> than 640X480 max. (?)
> 2- Do you really have done extensive tests between AIW and PowerDVD?
> Would you share your findings??
>
> Thanks again
>

> Mich

Not tests - experience. When I first got the AIW 9000PRO, I was baffled by
an apparent inability to fast forwards or otherwise navigate through a video
clip using ATI player, lockups and crashes resulting. Gradually worked out
that the answer was to use PowerDVD - altogether superior software.

The other software that came with the card was Pinnacle Studio - never got
that to work either - using Nerovision satisfactorily.

So my main learning is avoid the ATI .vcr file format as only ATI software
can use that.

HTH,
Laurence