Ati 9000 AIW: Where is the 1024X768 still capture sellecti..

Where can I set the STILL capture resolution in the software which
comes with AIW 9000 PRO???
I can not find it and need to make a 1024X768 capture of a MEDICAL
video tape..

THX

Mich
5 answers Last reply
More about 9000 1024x768 capture sellecti

    "Michael" <donmichaelo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Where can I set the STILL capture resolution in the software which
    > comes with AIW 9000 PRO???
    > I can not find it and need to make a 1024X768 capture of a MEDICAL
    > video tape..
    >
    > THX
    >
    > Mich

    Hows about in PowerDVD - Advanced - Snapshot?

    Always use PDVD anyway, as find it much better than ATI Player.

    Laurence

    Thanks for replying...I like too Powerdvd but it capture just in
    BMP..huge!! I wonder why they dont use JPG..

    Thanks again..

    Mich

    "Mich" <m.fiallo@verizon.net.do> wrote in message
    > Thanks for replying...I like too Powerdvd but it capture just in
    > BMP..huge!! I wonder why they dont use JPG..
    >
    > Thanks again..
    >
    > Mich

    Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what you
    need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later with
    PSP or similar.
    Laurence

    > Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what you
    > need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later with
    > PSP or similar.
    > Laurence

    Thanks.
    1- It is strange that in my past AIW MMC (ver. 7 and before)I always
    had found several capture alternatives and options in a dropdown menu
    (from 320 to 1024), but in my AIW9000 I can not find any other option
    than 640X480 max. (?)
    2- Do you really have done extensive tests between AIW and PowerDVD?
    Would you share your findings??

    Thanks again

    Mich

    "Mich" <miguelfiallo@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > > Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what
    you
    > > need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later
    with
    > > PSP or similar.
    > > Laurence
    >
    > Thanks.
    > 1- It is strange that in my past AIW MMC (ver. 7 and before)I always
    > had found several capture alternatives and options in a dropdown menu
    > (from 320 to 1024), but in my AIW9000 I can not find any other option
    > than 640X480 max. (?)
    > 2- Do you really have done extensive tests between AIW and PowerDVD?
    > Would you share your findings??
    >
    > Thanks again
    >

    > Mich

    Not tests - experience. When I first got the AIW 9000PRO, I was baffled by
    an apparent inability to fast forwards or otherwise navigate through a video
    clip using ATI player, lockups and crashes resulting. Gradually worked out
    that the answer was to use PowerDVD - altogether superior software.

    The other software that came with the card was Pinnacle Studio - never got
    that to work either - using Nerovision satisfactorily.

    So my main learning is avoid the ATI .vcr file format as only ATI software
    can use that.

    HTH,
    Laurence

Radeon ATI Resolution Software Graphics