Internet Explorer

I just had a virus called trojan.startpage.f

So I deleted it and did all the necessary steps but now theres a problem.
When I enter a website to go to it says it cannot find it and I have to make
sure the path is correct. The only way I can navigate through internet
explorer is through links. I cant enter the website directly and go to it.
Anyone know how to fix smething like this?

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch