Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Which 2d to 3d converter or video player to use?

Last response: in Entertainment
December 20, 2011 9:37:48 PM

1. I have no idea which "2D to 3D converter" or "2D to 3D video player" to get for my LCD monitor. So I am hoping someone pitch in from experience and let me know which to get.

2. Also, if you do use it, do you use a separate video player to watch 2d movies, anime, tv shows or you watch them all in one video player [Ex: one "2D TO 3D video player" to watch only 2d movies and another one to watch 2d animes, and so forth]? Same goes for 2D to 3D converter.

More about : converter video player

December 23, 2011 6:00:50 AM

2D to 3D Converter? As I know Leawo Video Converter have this function, and the effect looks fine, but you need to purchase it.
February 16, 2012 10:59:20 PM

brucew0617 said:
2D to 3D Converter? As I know Leawo Video Converter have this function, and the effect looks fine, but you need to purchase it.

Did you ever tried using it? If so how was the experience with converting 2D vidoes to 3d stereoscopic videos?
Related resources
February 17, 2012 2:55:34 PM

3d video is recorded in a different way then 2d video. while possible to play 3d content in 2d i do not believe you can get the intended effect by trying to convert 2d video into 3d.

with that said, even current 3d movies that were recorded in 3d the effect is rather laughable. the 3d effect looks like you cut out the figures from paper and have them sliding over one another. not very convincing.

--

a 3d dvd/br player should handle 2d video content as well. a 2d dvd/br player most likely will not handle 3d content. also you will requrie a 3d compatible tv.

anime, not counting the fully animated features such as final fantasy advent children, were never meant to be 3d. in essence they are animated forms of manga. even if you could make them appear 3d the effect would still be unconvincing.

upscaling the video or buying blueray will make them look better than any fake 3d effect.

there might be some sort of device that tries to decypher different parts of a video and attempt to bring out a 3d effect but this would merely be the softwares best guess and is going to be inaccurate to a 3d version of the same movie that was filmed exclusively for 3d.

as my forum badge indicates.. i'm quite an anime addict and i've seen more than my fair share. take my advice for what it is worth.
February 22, 2012 3:16:55 PM

It's not possible to convert 2D Videos to 3D Videos.
March 28, 2012 7:29:30 AM

I'd like to watch 3D at home
July 3, 2012 4:49:03 AM

I recommend getting a 3D tv! Some tvs have the 2D to 3D converter as one of the features. I have one myself, and if you're curious ask away :) 
July 22, 2012 7:10:43 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!