Wireless USB nic and domain logon errors

Hi,

I've search all over the internet for help on my problem and have found a
few others with similar issues but no resolve.

My goal is to be able to use a wireless connection to a WinXP desktop system
for Internet and Windows(this is the catch) networking. Sounds simple.
Well the Wireless USB nic (Dell Truemobile 1300) seems to have some issues
which I feel are caused by its USB connection.

When a user logs on to the workstation the wireless connection is broken
(momentarily) during the logon process which causes several errors - "Domain
controller not found using cached credentials", or the logon script file
errors halfway through, or the user's logon just flatout fails. If I watch
the lights on the nic I see a nice connection pre-logon, but at some point
during the logon the lights turn off, then blink in unison, then re-start
normal connection activity. When I check the Event logs there is an entry
on every logon "Network adapter xxx is found....."

Seems to me that during the logon the USB device is being re-initialized
which breaks the connection thus causing the domain log on failures. What
one would like for the USB nic to be initialized once - during bootup - just
like an internal nic. This has been a very irritating problem - tough to
figure out since the wireless works fine once the user is logged on.

Any thoughts on possible fixes ( I've got a PCI wireless adapter on order)?

Thanks, David

mark

I don't think that'll fix you problem either. I had/have the same problem
with a linksys pci wireless g card. Everything worked once logged on, but
event logs showed similar error messages. I just tend not to worry about it,
as security policy and thinngs get passed on anyway eventually.
Win2k clients on a Win2k domain.

What would possibly fix it: is getting an access point and connecting your
pc's to the ap via cables/switch and using the access point's wireless side
to connect to your routers wireless side. I am awaiting a reply on just
that scenario in a later post.