When I type a document, all of a sudden i see someone else typing a message
that does not make sense and it happens in powerpoint as well.. I have a
firewall as well as installed XP SP2 and all office updates as well.. Does
anyone know what is causing this "Ghost" typing to occur? Its looks almost
like instant messaging that is being typed out in word or powerpoint. Like
our broadband connection lines are crossed (like on the telephone where you
can hear another conversation.) Your input and advise is greatly appreciated

1. Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
2. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input langu­ages, click Details.
3. On the Advanced tab of the Text services and input langua­ges dialog box,
select the 'Turn off advanced text services' check box t­o turn text services off.
4. Click Yes if prompted to confirm your selection.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Srfrdrew" wrote:

| When I type a document, all of a sudden i see someone else typing a message
| that does not make sense and it happens in powerpoint as well.. I have a
| firewall as well as installed XP SP2 and all office updates as well.. Does
| anyone know what is causing this "Ghost" typing to occur? Its looks almost
| like instant messaging that is being typed out in word or powerpoint. Like
| our broadband connection lines are crossed (like on the telephone where you
| can hear another conversation.) Your input and advise is greatly appreciated

I've heard having 2 machines with wireless keyboards too close together can
cause this as well. ??? Never seen it myself though, could be urban legend.

-Beth

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
> 2. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input langu­ages, click Details.
> 3. On the Advanced tab of the Text services and input langua­ges dialog box,
> select the 'Turn off advanced text services' check box t­o turn text services off.
> 4. Click Yes if prompted to confirm your selection.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Srfrdrew" wrote:
>
> | When I type a document, all of a sudden i see someone else typing a message
> | that does not make sense and it happens in powerpoint as well.. I have a
> | firewall as well as installed XP SP2 and all office updates as well.. Does
> | anyone know what is causing this "Ghost" typing to occur? Its looks almost
> | like instant messaging that is being typed out in word or powerpoint. Like
> | our broadband connection lines are crossed (like on the telephone where you
> | can hear another conversation.) Your input and advise is greatly appreciated

That's why you set them up on "separate" channels.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!