NoReMaC

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005

Hello,
I need to configure a user to be able to run search on thier workstation but
not have access to search any network files.
I need local searching available only.
The workstation is Windows XP Pro SP2, on a domain.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

confers no rights.

I'm afraid that Search Companion can not be restricted
like that. If the user's account has access to network
files, then Search Companion has access. If you want to
restrict the user's access to the network, that's a
different issue, independent of Search Companion.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Jay