Restrict access of Search Companion

Hello,
I need to configure a user to be able to run search on thier workstation but
not have access to search any network files.
I need local searching available only.
The workstation is Windows XP Pro SP2, on a domain.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
1 answer Last reply
More about restrict access search companion

    confers no rights.

    I'm afraid that Search Companion can not be restricted
    like that. If the user's account has access to network
    files, then Search Companion has access. If you want to
    restrict the user's access to the network, that's a
    different issue, independent of Search Companion.

    Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

    Jay

Workstations Microsoft Windows XP