Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello Metronid,,,, :) :)

I appologize if you have seen this in the private forum, etc.

This is related to an earlier reponse with the Subject:

"Using the BIOS Recovery instructions."

It was suggested:

"They also make a daughter card that allows
piggyback and set the flash for the 2nd bios
chip. Much better system if you have the card."

I am interested in this card.

If you have a link or any information about this card that would be
GREAT!

And, THANKS for your offer to flash the chips in that previous
subject. At that time I had sent off a couple to be flashed, they are
back, and they work! Using these I have found that the bootable
floppy disk created by 600PB.exe can be prevented from the "HOT
FLASH" on a boot of that floppy. I can now do the "HOT SWAP" you
mentioned and the original PB 600 motherboard BIOS CHIP is now
protected and preserved in a safe place.

THANKS for your help, and time!!! :) :)

Jerry

http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT122000000000
"Jerry .com>" <jglong3@<nospam> wrote in message
> Hello Metronid,,,, :) :)
>
> I appologize if you have seen this in the private forum, etc.
>
> This is related to an earlier reponse with the Subject:
>
> "Using the BIOS Recovery instructions."
>
> It was suggested:
>
> "They also make a daughter card that allows
> piggyback and set the flash for the 2nd bios
> chip. Much better system if you have the card."
>
> I am interested in this card.
>
> If you have a link or any information about this card that would be
> GREAT!
>
> And, THANKS for your offer to flash the chips in that previous
> subject. At that time I had sent off a couple to be flashed, they are
> back, and they work! Using these I have found that the bootable
> floppy disk created by 600PB.exe can be prevented from the "HOT
> FLASH" on a boot of that floppy. I can now do the "HOT SWAP" you
> mentioned and the original PB 600 motherboard BIOS CHIP is now
> protected and preserved in a safe place.
>
> THANKS for your help, and time!!! :) :)
>
> Jerry

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello Metronid,,,, :) :)

BTW:::::: This time I saw your input to this public forum from the
KNOLOGY USENET feed.

Jerry

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:42:43 -0400, "metronid" <metronid@comcast.net>
wrote:

>http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT122000000000
>"Jerry .com>" <jglong3@<nospam> wrote in message
>> Hello Metronid,,,, :) :)
>>
>> I appologize if you have seen this in the private forum, etc.
>>
>> This is related to an earlier reponse with the Subject:
>>
>> "Using the BIOS Recovery instructions."
>>
>> It was suggested:
>>
>> "They also make a daughter card that allows
>> piggyback and set the flash for the 2nd bios
>> chip. Much better system if you have the card."
>>
>> I am interested in this card.
>>
>> If you have a link or any information about this card that would be
>> GREAT!
>>
>> And, THANKS for your offer to flash the chips in that previous
>> subject. At that time I had sent off a couple to be flashed, they are
>> back, and they work! Using these I have found that the bootable
>> floppy disk created by 600PB.exe can be prevented from the "HOT
>> FLASH" on a boot of that floppy. I can now do the "HOT SWAP" you
>> mentioned and the original PB 600 motherboard BIOS CHIP is now
>> protected and preserved in a safe place.
>>
>> THANKS for your help, and time!!! :) :)
>>
>> Jerry

That is nice to know
I input with what my thoughts are
Sometimes they are wrong

That can actually be good as it can add perspective
Then others come in a fill in the gaps
Or I do it just the opposite way

In any case
It is the sum of the parts that make the whole

I am a part
And you to are a part
Not to leave out the regulars
Together we all make a nice match