ActiveSync Over Wifi???

April 21, 2004 7:05:48 PM

Is it possible to activesync over WiFi (802.11b)?

More about : activesync wifi

April 21, 2004 9:03:04 PM

ABSOLUTELY! I can sit in my backyard on my patio and
ActiveSync my Dell Axim X3i with my Dell Inspiron
notebook in the living room!

Rick www.EmbraceHisGrace.com

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:29:17 PM

Yes but you must setup the ActiveSync partnership with the PC you want to
sync with using a USB/Serial/iRDA connection first.

Cheers
Chris

--
****Please Reply To The Newsgroup So All Can Benefit From Discussion****
Kognition Consulting Limited - Thought Meets Technology
"Brian Cheng" <lord03000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to activesync over WiFi (802.11b)?
April 22, 2004 5:29:18 PM

can someone explain the steps - I've done that (set up a partnership) ...
but when I want to activesync using wifi, it always tells me my VPN isn't
set up

rob

"Chris J.T. Auld [MVP]" <chris@spam.me.not.nova.co.nz> wrote in message
> Yes but you must setup the ActiveSync partnership with the PC you want to
> sync with using a USB/Serial/iRDA connection first.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>
> --
> ****Please Reply To The Newsgroup So All Can Benefit From Discussion****
> Kognition Consulting Limited - Thought Meets Technology
> Chris J.T. Auld - Managing Director
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Mobile Devices)
> Phone: +64 3 453 0064
> Mobile: +64 21 500 239
> Email: chris@kognition.co.nz
> "Brian Cheng" <lord03000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to activesync over WiFi (802.11b)?

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 9:27:43 AM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:56:44 -0400, "RDale"
<robdale.nospam@remove.no.spam.magma.ca> wrote:

>can someone explain the steps - I've done that (set up a partnership) ...
>but when I want to activesync using wifi, it always tells me my VPN isn't
>set up
>
>rob
>

>"Chris J.T. Auld [MVP]" <chris@spam.me.not.nova.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Yes but you must setup the ActiveSync partnership with the PC you want to
>> sync with using a USB/Serial/iRDA connection first.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Chris
>>
>> --
>> ****Please Reply To The Newsgroup So All Can Benefit From Discussion****
>> Kognition Consulting Limited - Thought Meets Technology
>> Chris J.T. Auld - Managing Director
>> Microsoft MVP (Windows Mobile Devices)
>> Phone: +64 3 453 0064
>> Mobile: +64 21 500 239
>> Email: chris@kognition.co.nz
>> "Brian Cheng" <lord03000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to activesync over WiFi (802.11b)?

Hi,

This is the site I use the most and is very easy to understand

Hope this helps.

Best regards (gps_user@hotmail.com)
51°02'09.72" N 3°44'26.04" (WGS 84)
iPaq 5455 owner and User