9600 pro drivers?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well I am almost there, leaving the GF2 camp. Have a PowerColor 9600Pro
128/128 card coming in a few days. Which drivers are the best performers
verses best stability. Any mods I should know about? Is it true I need to
completely remove the Nvidia drivers before installing?

Any input welcome
Thanks in advance
""I am sooo excited""
Bob

JohnS

Use the ATI uninstaller as well as the Nvidia uninstaller,
and then browse for any remnants of either. I just
replaced my ATI Radeon 9000 128 Pro, and before
I put a new Gigabyte 9600XT in the system, I totally
wiped any sign of the Catalyst 4.5 drivers ... then
installed the 9600. Came up running fine, but colors
were badly screwed up in Far Cry. I knew that the
problem was "fast writes", so I disabled that, and
Far Cry runs perfectly on the Catalyst 4.6 drivers.
9600 autodetected to all medium settings. I will
tweak the settings in a week or two once I see how
the card performs. Other than that, the install was
easy and simple.

johns