barton 2600xp @ to 3200 (200x11.5) problem

Hi I'm running my system oc to the max but it jam every time i play 3d
games. like far cry ut2004 and call of duty.

i've try all the setting like setting the voltage to 1.75 like those
xp3200 need but it does'nt change anything.

lowering the multiplyer prevent the boot of the system???

what should i do?
i got a barton
xp2600 512K whit the big fan that come with it?
an asus board a7n8x-x rev2 bios 1009
one stick of ddr 400 512mb of kingston
2 hard drive 80, 40 gig a maxtor and western digital
one burner and one cd-rom
a ati 9800pro 128megs 256bits
and a nspire psu 450 @ 430 watts
windows xp pro

my agp frequency is set to 66mhz and at manual...
i"ve set 256mb of shared memory with the video...
my memory is set to optimal and i've try agessive and manual.

snif snif now i'm back to the regular setting...

DreamMaker wrote:

> Hi I'm running my system oc to the max but it jam every time i play 3d
> games. like far cry ut2004 and call of duty.
>
> i've try all the setting like setting the voltage to 1.75 like those
> xp3200 need but it does'nt change anything.
>
> lowering the multiplyer prevent the boot of the system???
>

> what should i do?
> i got a barton
> xp2600 512K whit the big fan that come with it?

Replace the stock Heatsink/Fan. Like with one of these:
http://overclockers.com/articles806/

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"DreamMaker" <onesuponatime@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi I'm running my system oc to the max but it jam every time i play 3d
> games. like far cry ut2004 and call of duty.
>
> i've try all the setting like setting the voltage to 1.75 like those
> xp3200 need but it does'nt change anything.

Heat is the issue....3D Gaming stresses the CPU and excessive heat is the
result. Replace the HS/F with a more efficient aftermarket unit. I use the
Vantec Aeroflow on my Barton 2500 @ 3200. Very efficient cooler.......but
noisier than some others.

Try raising your Vcore. I'm running my Vcore at 2.1V to get to 2300 on my
Barton 2800+.

>Hi I'm running my system oc to the max but it jam every time i play 3d
>games. like far cry ut2004 and call of duty.
>
>i've try all the setting like setting the voltage to 1.75 like those
>xp3200 need but it does'nt change anything.
>
>lowering the multiplyer prevent the boot of the system???

2.1v for 2.3Ghz? Are you serious? That's hilarious....

"Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
> Try raising your Vcore. I'm running my Vcore at 2.1V to get to 2300 on my
> Barton 2800+.
>
> >Hi I'm running my system oc to the max but it jam every time i play 3d
> >games. like far cry ut2004 and call of duty.
> >
> >i've try all the setting like setting the voltage to 1.75 like those
> >xp3200 need but it does'nt change anything.
> >
> >lowering the multiplyer prevent the boot of the system???
> >

> -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
> Try raising your Vcore. I'm running my Vcore at 2.1V to get to 2300 on my
> Barton 2800+.

2.1V ???? I would consider 1.8 to be absolute max. Bet that processor lasts
6 months or less at that voltage.

On 05 Jul 2004 05:59:13 GMT, wblane@aol.combotizer (Wblane) wrote:

>Try raising your Vcore. I'm running my Vcore at 2.1V to get to 2300 on my
>Barton 2800+.
>
>>Hi I'm running my system oc to the max but it jam every time i play 3d
>>games. like far cry ut2004 and call of duty.
>>
>>i've try all the setting like setting the voltage to 1.75 like those
>>xp3200 need but it does'nt change anything.
>>
>>lowering the multiplyer prevent the boot of the system???
>>

>-Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

i bet that if you try to run any game that runs on dx it will jam the computer
i did that once whit my PC " 2600@3200 at 1.75 volt and 512mb of ddr400
on a a7n8x-x nf2 non ultra board. on a other hand the PC is stable (whit regular program) but i
don't see any improuvement
in oc my """rig"""

I'm better wait till nf3 board get lower in price and get my self a 64bit CPU...

Yeah, it's like 2.3Ghz and change. I guess I was real unlucky w/this CPU.

>2.1v for 2.3Ghz? Are you serious? That's hilarious....

6 months so far. But who really cares when I can get a Mobile Athlon at the
same speed (and more overclockable) for 75 bones. It does have a Thermalright
SLK900U and a Vantec 90mm Tornado.

>2.1V ???? I would consider 1.8 to be absolute max. Bet that processor lasts
>6 months or less at that voltage.

My bios only goes up to 1.8v! Lol.. The mobiles are nice, 200 more Mhz,
same temp and voltage as a T'bred. Running 200x12 at 1.675v....