how does one change the administrative password in xp?

I cannot discover where to change the Administrator password in xp. Can I do
it logged in from my user account with administrtative priviliges? I know the
password, I would like to change it.
3 answers Last reply
More about change administrative password

    Cannot Change the Password for the Administrator Account in
    User Accounts in Control Panel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298252

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Elijah wrote:

    > I cannot discover where to change the Administrator password in xp. Can I do
    > it logged in from my user account with administrtative priviliges? I know the
    > password, I would like to change it.
    Hi

    If you want to *change* it, the easiest would be to log on as
    "Administrator".

    If *resetting* it is ok:

    From your ordinary administrator account, run the following command
    from Start/Run:

    control userpasswords2

    Then reset the password for the builtin Administrator user account.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    "Elijah" <Elijah@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

    >I cannot discover where to change the Administrator password in xp.
    >Can I do it logged in from my user account with administrtative
    >priviliges? I know the password, I would like to change it.

    Are you talking about XP Home or XP Professional?

    Massimo

Security Microsoft Windows XP