how does one change the administrative password in xp?

I cannot discover where to change the Administrator password in xp. Can I do
it logged in from my user account with administrtative priviliges? I know the
password, I would like to change it.

Cannot Change the Password for the Administrator Account in
User Accounts in Control Panel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298252

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

Elijah wrote:

> I cannot discover where to change the Administrator password in xp. Can I do
> it logged in from my user account with administrtative priviliges? I know the
> password, I would like to change it.
Hi

If you want to *change* it, the easiest would be to log on as
"Administrator".

If *resetting* it is ok:

From your ordinary administrator account, run the following command
from Start/Run:

control userpasswords2

Then reset the password for the builtin Administrator user account.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

"Elijah" <Elijah@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

>I cannot discover where to change the Administrator password in xp.
>Can I do it logged in from my user account with administrtative
>priviliges? I know the password, I would like to change it.

Are you talking about XP Home or XP Professional?

Massimo