Does anyone know how to resize apartition under windows on a computer having
no floppydrive?

The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existin­g partitions,
and not harm your existing Windows installation, is to purch­ase and use
a third-party partitioning program such as Partition Magic 8­.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

The alternative is to perform a "clean install" of Windows X­P:

How to Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313348&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Taliesin" wrote:

| Does anyone know how to resize apartition under windows on a computer having
| no floppy drive?

Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

Not sure what the floppy drive comment has to do with partitioning your hard
disk. Carey's reply is on point.

"Taliesin" <Taliesin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to resize apartition under windows on a computer
> having
> no floppydrive?

I would also recommend Partition Magic, if you want to preserve data.

Otherwise, you could make a bootable CD from a win98 boot floppy (in some
other computer), and run FDISK from that CD. Both Easy CD Creator and Nero
have easy ways to make bootable CDs from bootable floppies. But, FDISK will
destroy all data on the hard drive as it makes new partitions.

The winXP CD is also bootable and can be used to create/delete partition,
but not resize them. Check into these links about the XP recovery console:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_rec.htm

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprcons.htm

http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy33.htm