MMX

I have a 9800Pro and when it is checked for media content it says it is not
MMX compliant and will not give full media output. Is this true? What can I
do?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:48:23 +0100, "Valerie Griffin"
<grifval@tesco.net> wrote:

>I have a 9800Pro and when it is checked for media content it says it is not
>MMX compliant and will not give full media output. Is this true? What can I
>do?

You're obviously referring to the system check in the MMC
configuration app, Valerie. It's well known for misreporting, and MMX
not being enabled is one of its classics. Others include: wrong
version of DirectX, DMA not being enabled, capture drivers not being
installed - the list is long. Just ignore it. The app has its uses,
but the system check is not one of them.

patrickp

minotaur

Valerie Griffin wrote:
> I have a 9800Pro and when it is checked for media content it says it is not
> MMX compliant and will not give full media output. Is this true? What can I
> do?

MMX is a CPU feature not a GPU feature. What software is telling you
this? Ignore the error, the program that is telling you this information
is not very good, if it thinks your graphics card is a CPU.

If you have the latest drivers for your graphics card, there is nothing
to worry about. www.ati.com