mouse and other devices start to conflict with new video c..

I just bought an ati rage 128 pro(Xpert 128) but when i installed the
card and booted up the pc, the mouse did not work. When i remove the
new card and install the old card the conflict dissapears. Is there
any way to prevent this problem or how do i change the irq of the
mouse? Also when i installed the new card the computer also added an
irq holder for pci steering and if i remove it and reboot it just
comes back but if i remove it and remove the old card the module does
not come back.
I just looked at the conflicts again,The irq holder thing is
conflicting with 2 or 3 devices including the video card, network card
and something with an irq of 12, i can't see what it is because i
can't use the mouse or the tab to make the screen bigger.
Any help?
9 answers Last reply
More about mouse devices start conflict video
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Jeptha" <jeptha@telus.net> wrote in message
    >I just bought an ati rage 128 pro(Xpert 128) but when i installed the
    > card and booted up the pc, the mouse did not work. When i remove the
    > new card and install the old card the conflict dissapears. Is there
    > any way to prevent this problem or how do i change the irq of the
    > mouse? Also when i installed the new card the computer also added an
    > irq holder for pci steering and if i remove it and reboot it just
    > comes back but if i remove it and remove the old card the module
    > does
    > not come back.
    > I just looked at the conflicts again,The irq holder thing is
    > conflicting with 2 or 3 devices including the video card, network
    > card
    > and something with an irq of 12, i can't see what it is because i
    > can't use the mouse or the tab to make the screen bigger.
    > Any help?

    This is the first place you should have looked.
    http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/rage128pro/rage128proissues.html

    Additionally I don't believe you have a AGP 1x or 2x running system.
    Do you?
    Do you have the processor speed required for this card?
    Do you have DirectX 9 or above on your computer?

    XPERTT 128
    Overview
    a.. Powered by ATI RAGET 128 PRO - a 128-bit graphics engine and
    64-bit memory interface
    b.. 16MB of powerful memory
    c.. 32-bit true color 3D graphics up to 1280x1024
    d.. Hardware DVD for full-screen, full-frame rate MPEG-2/DVD
    playback
    e.. 2D graphics support up to 1900x1200x32bpp @ 80 Hz
    f.. Support for Direct3D® and OpenGL® to power all your favorite
    graphics-intensive 3D games and applications
    g.. Supports TV WONDERT, the add-on TV tuner card
    h.. Features ATI's MULTIMEDIA CENTERT software
    i.. Available in PCI bus

    This link takes you to the set up and spec for the card in question
    click on Technical Spec, then xpert 128. it states you must be running
    a PII

    http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/online.pdf

    It starts on Page 40 and you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view
    it.

    Elector
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I am running an amd k6 400 with 128 mb of ram.
    I got the video card in pci format.
    I have directx 9 installed.
    Everything runs fine except that there is thr conflict problem.

    "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:<p853d.75950$Kt5.58484@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
    > "Jeptha" <jeptha@telus.net> wrote in message
    > >I just bought an ati rage 128 pro(Xpert 128) but when i installed the
    > > card and booted up the pc, the mouse did not work. When i remove the
    > > new card and install the old card the conflict dissapears. Is there
    > > any way to prevent this problem or how do i change the irq of the
    > > mouse? Also when i installed the new card the computer also added an
    > > irq holder for pci steering and if i remove it and reboot it just
    > > comes back but if i remove it and remove the old card the module
    > > does
    > > not come back.
    > > I just looked at the conflicts again,The irq holder thing is
    > > conflicting with 2 or 3 devices including the video card, network
    > > card
    > > and something with an irq of 12, i can't see what it is because i
    > > can't use the mouse or the tab to make the screen bigger.
    > > Any help?
    >
    > This is the first place you should have looked.
    > http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/rage128pro/rage128proissues.html
    >
    > Additionally I don't believe you have a AGP 1x or 2x running system.
    > Do you?
    > Do you have the processor speed required for this card?
    > Do you have DirectX 9 or above on your computer?
    >
    > XPERTT 128
    > Overview
    > a.. Powered by ATI RAGET 128 PRO - a 128-bit graphics engine and
    > 64-bit memory interface
    > b.. 16MB of powerful memory
    > c.. 32-bit true color 3D graphics up to 1280x1024
    > d.. Hardware DVD for full-screen, full-frame rate MPEG-2/DVD
    > playback
    > e.. 2D graphics support up to 1900x1200x32bpp @ 80 Hz
    > f.. Support for Direct3D® and OpenGL® to power all your favorite
    > graphics-intensive 3D games and applications
    > g.. Supports TV WONDERT, the add-on TV tuner card
    > h.. Features ATI's MULTIMEDIA CENTERT software
    > i.. Available in PCI bus
    >
    > This link takes you to the set up and spec for the card in question
    > click on Technical Spec, then xpert 128. it states you must be running
    > a PII
    >
    > http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/online.pdf
    >
    > It starts on Page 40 and you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view
    > it.
    >
    > Elector
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    >I am running an amd k6 400 with 128 mb of ram.
    > I got the video card in pci format.
    > I have directx 9 installed.
    > Everything runs fine except that there is thr conflict problem.

    Did you place it in the AGP or TOP PCI position? If it is a simple PCI
    card you could try it in other spots. You can also disable PnP in the
    BIOS and set it to Off instead of Auto or On.

    Then restart the computer and then try installing the card again.

    Maybe the card is bad? Did you have a friend or yourself try it in
    another computer?

    Elector
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I have figured out that the video card is not the problem but that
    there is no more room for the card's irq.
    And something called "irq holder for pci steering" is using three or
    more irq's but noithing wants to use irq 7.
    I can't try anything anyways until thursday because i am currently not
    at home.

    "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:<9Nh3d.238188$bp1.19292@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
    > "Jeptha" <jeptha@telus.net> wrote in message
    > >I am running an amd k6 400 with 128 mb of ram.
    > > I got the video card in pci format.
    > > I have directx 9 installed.
    > > Everything runs fine except that there is thr conflict problem.
    >

    > Did you place it in the AGP or TOP PCI position? If it is a simple PCI
    > card you could try it in other spots. You can also disable PnP in the
    > BIOS and set it to Off instead of Auto or On.
    >
    > Then restart the computer and then try installing the card again.
    >
    > Maybe the card is bad? Did you have a friend or yourself try it in
    > another computer?
    >
    > Elector
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Oh and one more thing.
    Can i manually set the irq's instead of the computer doing it?
    And The cirrus logic video card that is built in to the board is
    saying that it is not compatible for multiple screens and that it
    would need a driver update.
    Where can i get one?

    "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:<9Nh3d.238188$bp1.19292@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
    > "Jeptha" <jeptha@telus.net> wrote in message
    > >I am running an amd k6 400 with 128 mb of ram.
    > > I got the video card in pci format.
    > > I have directx 9 installed.
    > > Everything runs fine except that there is thr conflict problem.
    >

    > Did you place it in the AGP or TOP PCI position? If it is a simple PCI
    > card you could try it in other spots. You can also disable PnP in the
    > BIOS and set it to Off instead of Auto or On.
    >
    > Then restart the computer and then try installing the card again.
    >
    > Maybe the card is bad? Did you have a friend or yourself try it in
    > another computer?
    >
    > Elector
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > Oh and one more thing.
    > Can i manually set the irq's instead of the computer doing it?
    > And The cirrus logic video card that is built in to the board is
    > saying that it is not compatible for multiple screens and that it
    > would need a driver update.
    > Where can i get one?

    Yes you can set the IRQ's manually after you disable Automatic
    Detection of PnP in the BIOS.
    Please remember that many devices are able to share the same IRQ's and
    DMA's and in your system the same will hold true.
    My Own Radeon 9800 shares 3 Irq's.

    Here are the sites you need for the Video Chip:
    http://www.cirrus.com/en/ and http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/

    Now many of these sites have a program you can run to tell you what
    the version of the Cirrus Logic Video Card is. If it does have one or
    if you already know the version and type then do a search at the
    Support-Drivers page.

    I hope that helped?

    Elector
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    It will take at least two days for me to get around to it.
    I leave for home tomorrow evening.
    I will tell if it all works out.

    "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:<yVz3d.5879$yg.4118@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
    > "Jeptha" <jeptha@telus.net> wrote in message
    > > Oh and one more thing.
    > > Can i manually set the irq's instead of the computer doing it?
    > > And The cirrus logic video card that is built in to the board is
    > > saying that it is not compatible for multiple screens and that it
    > > would need a driver update.
    > > Where can i get one?
    >

    > Yes you can set the IRQ's manually after you disable Automatic
    > Detection of PnP in the BIOS.
    > Please remember that many devices are able to share the same IRQ's and
    > DMA's and in your system the same will hold true.
    > My Own Radeon 9800 shares 3 Irq's.
    >
    > Here are the sites you need for the Video Chip:
    > http://www.cirrus.com/en/ and http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/
    >
    > Now many of these sites have a program you can run to tell you what
    > the version of the Cirrus Logic Video Card is. If it does have one or
    > if you already know the version and type then do a search at the
    > Support-Drivers page.
    >
    > I hope that helped?
    >
    > Elector
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Weel that is fixed.
    But whenever i free up an irq that stupid irq holder for pci steering
    takes it up!!!
    It does not even exist in the system properties unless i am running in
    safe mode.
    The mouse has no conflicts but it still will not work and the computer
    wil not even detect any mouse other than the serial mouse which can't
    be used because my graphics tablet uses the serial port.
    I disabled the com 1 (modem) but it will not leave.
    I need some Serious help now.

    jeptha@telus.net (Jeptha) wrote in message
    > It will take at least two days for me to get around to it.
    > I leave for home tomorrow evening.
    > I will tell if it all works out.
    >
    > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:<yVz3d.5879$yg.4118@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
    > > "Jeptha" <jeptha@telus.net> wrote in message
    > > > Oh and one more thing.
    > > > Can i manually set the irq's instead of the computer doing it?
    > > > And The cirrus logic video card that is built in to the board is
    > > > saying that it is not compatible for multiple screens and that it
    > > > would need a driver update.
    > > > Where can i get one?
    > >

    > > Yes you can set the IRQ's manually after you disable Automatic
    > > Detection of PnP in the BIOS.
    > > Please remember that many devices are able to share the same IRQ's and
    > > DMA's and in your system the same will hold true.
    > > My Own Radeon 9800 shares 3 Irq's.
    > >
    > > Here are the sites you need for the Video Chip:
    > > http://www.cirrus.com/en/ and http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/
    > >
    > > Now many of these sites have a program you can run to tell you what
    > > the version of the Cirrus Logic Video Card is. If it does have one or
    > > if you already know the version and type then do a search at the
    > > Support-Drivers page.
    > >
    > > I hope that helped?
    > >
    > > Elector
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I finally fixed the problem.
    I removed the old pbtv card, the sound/modem card was removed, A new
    crystal isa card was installed, the mouse driver was reinstalled

    It now all works.

    Thanks for the help.

Packard Bell Mice Video Devices Computers