No Gemstar installed with Catalyst 4.6 -- What am I missing

Hello,

A few days ago I posted here for information and guidance on
installing my 8500DV in a new machine I've just built. Based on those
recommendations, I've now installed Catalyst 4.6, MMC 9.1.0.0, and
DAO/MDAC 9.1.0.0. I did not attempt to install the DVD Decoder since
I use PowerDVD exclusively. Nor did I install any of the original and
previous versions of software prior to installing Catalyst 4.6.

All seemed to go OK but one VERY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM...
NO VERSION of GEMSTAR+ was included or installed. I can find it no
where.

Did I miss something? Did I do something wrong?

How can I get Gemstar+ installed. Or, as an alternative, what other
INTERACTIVE TV program guide might be available?

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
Reply by Post Only Please

nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A few days ago I posted here for information and guidance on
> installing my 8500DV in a new machine I've just built. Based on those
> recommendations, I've now installed Catalyst 4.6, MMC 9.1.0.0, and
> DAO/MDAC 9.1.0.0. I did not attempt to install the DVD Decoder since
> I use PowerDVD exclusively. Nor did I install any of the original and
> previous versions of software prior to installing Catalyst 4.6.
>
> All seemed to go OK but one VERY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM...
> NO VERSION of GEMSTAR+ was included or installed. I can find it no
> where.
>
> Did I miss something? Did I do something wrong?
>
> How can I get Gemstar+ installed. Or, as an alternative, what other
> INTERACTIVE TV program guide might be available?
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> TIA

> Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
> Reply by Post Only Please

gemstar is on the install AIW CD, its a licenced product so you wont find
it to download.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 04:29:17 GMT, nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid wrote:

>Hello,
>
>A few days ago I posted here for information and guidance on
>installing my 8500DV in a new machine I've just built. Based on those
>recommendations, I've now installed Catalyst 4.6, MMC 9.1.0.0, and
>DAO/MDAC 9.1.0.0. I did not attempt to install the DVD Decoder since
>I use PowerDVD exclusively. Nor did I install any of the original and
>previous versions of software prior to installing Catalyst 4.6.
>
>All seemed to go OK but one VERY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM...
>NO VERSION of GEMSTAR+ was included or installed. I can find it no
>where.
>
>Did I miss something? Did I do something wrong?
>
>How can I get Gemstar+ installed. Or, as an alternative, what other
>INTERACTIVE TV program guide might be available?
>
>Anyone have any ideas?
>
>TIA

Explore the CD your card came with. Look for a gemstar directory.
You don;t need to remove your cat 4.6.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:55:39 GMT, Gordon Scott
<gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

>gemstar is on the install AIW CD, its a licenced product so you wont find
>it to download.

Thanks for responding.

I knew Gemstar was never listed as a separate item among the ATI
drivers and software downloads. But, I guess I expected it to be
included with the Catalyst 4.6 update. Heh, heh...was I mistaken about
that!

Based on Blood Dawg's subsequent post, I found it on a prior ATI CD
and now have it installed.

Thanks, agaiin, for taking the time to respond.

Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
Reply by Post Only Please

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:24:15 -0400, Blood Dawg
<blood_dawg@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Explore the CD your card came with. Look for a gemstar directory.
>You don;t need to remove your cat 4.6.

Thank you.

Late last night when I'd completed all the ATI installations and saw
Gemstar had not been concluded, I actually did look on both the
original (MMC7.7) installation CD and the upgrade CD (Catalyst 8.1)
I found a Gemstar folder on the original and made a feeble attempt to
install but couldn't get it to load. It turns out I was clicking on
the wrong set-up icon in the Gemstar folder.

Based on your advice I browsed the original CD again and saw the error
I'd made last evening. I've since installed Gemstar. Thank you for
guiding me back to that original CD.

A couple minor points of interest.....

1- When I attempted to set up the channel line-up, Gemstar gave me
four possible line-ups based on the cable TV channel availabilities in
my area. One of the channel slots it asked me to verify was MMNU. Now
understand, I work for the cable company (Time Warner) in this area
and I've never heard of MMNU. I made a selection and it turned out to
be OK. But I have no idea what channel MMNU is.

2- On my old machine, the Gemstar grid had a drop-down menu which
indicated the days for which TV scheduling had been downloaded. That
drop-down menu is NOT included in the Gemstar grid I've just installed
on the new machine. I CAN access those future days on the "Dates" menu
at the top of the grid. It's a minor point which I can live with,
however.

Thanks again for your response.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:31:31 GMT, nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:24:15 -0400, Blood Dawg
><blood_dawg@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Explore the CD your card came with. Look for a gemstar directory.
>>You don;t need to remove your cat 4.6.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Late last night when I'd completed all the ATI installations and saw
>Gemstar had not been concluded, I actually did look on both the
>original (MMC7.7) installation CD and the upgrade CD (Catalyst 8.1)
>I found a Gemstar folder on the original and made a feeble attempt to
>install but couldn't get it to load. It turns out I was clicking on
>the wrong set-up icon in the Gemstar folder.
>
>Based on your advice I browsed the original CD again and saw the error
>I'd made last evening. I've since installed Gemstar. Thank you for
>guiding me back to that original CD.
>
>A couple minor points of interest.....
>
>1- When I attempted to set up the channel line-up, Gemstar gave me
>four possible line-ups based on the cable TV channel availabilities in
>my area. One of the channel slots it asked me to verify was MMNU. Now
>understand, I work for the cable company (Time Warner) in this area
>and I've never heard of MMNU. I made a selection and it turned out to
>be OK. But I have no idea what channel MMNU is.
>
>2- On my old machine, the Gemstar grid had a drop-down menu which
>indicated the days for which TV scheduling had been downloaded. That
>drop-down menu is NOT included in the Gemstar grid I've just installed
>on the new machine. I CAN access those future days on the "Dates" menu
>at the top of the grid. It's a minor point which I can live with,
>however.
>
>Thanks again for your response.

>Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
>Reply by Post Only Please

Looking on my Catalyst CD, f, there's a Gemstar folder there, too.
It's in the Install folder. Might be a more up-to-date version.

patrickp