deleting a password

My roomate set up a user password before he moved out and put himself as the
administrator. Can I change that and keep all of the information on the
computer.(XP PRO)

Helo Pinky
You can reset (blank) the Administrator password and then start
a session as administrator.

To blank the Administrator password you have to use any third party
available tool. I recommend a Linux minidistro called Austrumi cause
it's really usable. For more info read:
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

PLEASE, NOTE THAT IF THE ADMINISTRATOR USED THE EFS (Encrypting
File System) ANY FILE SO ENCRYPTED WILL GET UNRECOVERABLE. SO ONLY
USE THIS SOLUTION IN CASE NO IMPORTANT FILE WAS ENCRYPTED USING
THE EFS (OR UNLESS YOU HAVE A RECOVERY AGENT CERTIFICATE AND SO ON).

"Pinky" wrote:

> My roomate set up a user password before he moved out and put himself as the
> administrator. Can I change that and keep all of the information on the
> computer.(XP PRO)

You can only change the Administrator's password if
you know the original password. Contact your ex-roommate
and ask for it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Pinky" wrote:

| My roomate set up a user password before he moved out and put himself as the
| administrator. Can I change that and keep all of the information on the
| computer.(XP PRO)

TRENDING THREADS