Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HL2 content lock?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 5:32:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I'm just finishing up HL, and toying with the idea of buying HL2, but my
question is, is there a "low blood" mode in HL2 like there was the content
lock in HL?

More about : hl2 content lock

January 6, 2005 1:33:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

JH proclaimed...

> I'm just finishing up HL, and toying with the idea of buying HL2, but my
> question is, is there a "low blood" mode in HL2 like there was the content
> lock in HL?

Yyp. Questions is, why would you want to use it ? :) 

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

I'm gonna bounce back and when I do I'm gonna buy you
a diamond so big it's gonna make you puke.
I don't wanna puke.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:33:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c467bcfec0726f298aac0@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
> JH proclaimed...
>
> > I'm just finishing up HL, and toying with the idea of buying HL2, but my
> > question is, is there a "low blood" mode in HL2 like there was the
content
> > lock in HL?
>
> Yyp. Questions is, why would you want to use it ? :) 
>

I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?
Related resources
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:33:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"JH" <no@email> wrote in message news:10tor3r9ggpedc2@corp.supernews.com...
>
> I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?

I think they should have a rainbow come out of a zombies' torso after it is
severed in two in Ravenholm...kind of like on that one episode of Aqua Teen
Hunger Force!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:33:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:44:37 -0600, "Patrick Michael"
<heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>"JH" <no@email> wrote in message news:10tor3r9ggpedc2@corp.supernews.com...
>>
>> I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?
>
>I think they should have a rainbow come out of a zombies' torso after it is
>severed in two in Ravenholm...kind of like on that one episode of Aqua Teen
>Hunger Force!
>

I always played Serious Sam in "Hippie" mode. I loved those flowers
and fruits splattering all over the place :) 

marXbig...who knows just enough to be dangerous.

----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
January 6, 2005 1:42:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:38:49 -0800, "JH" <no@email> wrote:

>I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?

Even with the gore on, it isn't exactly a gib fest (unfortunately!).
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:44:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c467bcfec0726f298aac0@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
> JH proclaimed...
>
> > I'm just finishing up HL, and toying with the idea of buying HL2, but my
> > question is, is there a "low blood" mode in HL2 like there was the
content
> > lock in HL?
>
> Yyp. Questions is, why would you want to use it ? :) 

Kids, persumably. Where is that option anyways? I haven't seen it.
January 6, 2005 1:48:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

JH proclaimed...

> I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?

/steps backwards

What a strange fellow. Each to their own I suppose...

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

I'm gonna bounce back and when I do I'm gonna buy you
a diamond so big it's gonna make you puke.
I don't wanna puke.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:51:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"JH" <no@email> wrote in message news:10tor3r9ggpedc2@corp.supernews.com...
>
> I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?
>

You not... "religious" (*shudder*)... are you?
January 6, 2005 1:55:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

GFree proclaimed...

> Kids, persumably. Where is that option anyways? I haven't seen it.

In the graphics options I'm imagining.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

I'm gonna bounce back and when I do I'm gonna buy you
a diamond so big it's gonna make you puke.
I don't wanna puke.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:39:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Strider wrote:
> GFree proclaimed...
>
>
>>Kids, persumably. Where is that option anyways? I haven't seen it.
>
>
> In the graphics options I'm imagining.

Nope... I can't find a content lock in there.. I don't think HL2 has one

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:45:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
news:343fllF469afdU1@individual.net...
> Strider wrote:
>> GFree proclaimed...
>>
>>
>>>Kids, persumably. Where is that option anyways? I haven't seen it.
>>
>>
>> In the graphics options I'm imagining.
>
> Nope... I can't find a content lock in there.. I don't think HL2 has one

It kind of defeats the purpose of having a content lock on when in some
levels like ravenholme there are gross skinned bodies lying on tables
etc.....(you can't "turn" those off......
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:46:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c467f32c35cffeb98aac1@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
> JH proclaimed...
>
> > I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?
>
> /steps backwards
>
> What a strange fellow. Each to their own I suppose...


ROFL. Well said.

I have lil monsters here, but they can't play HL2 yet. When they do, I
think it would be good for them to know that if they're even in a real-world
situation where they need to decapitate a zombie with a zero-gravity
manipulator, that the zombie will, in fact bleed. I don't want them getting
scared.

Also, as someone here pointed out, the blood is not 1/10th as macabre as the
gruesome corpses and the whole Idea of having a crab fornicate with your
cranium.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:56:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
news:343fllF469afdU1@individual.net...
>
> Nope... I can't find a content lock in there.. I don't think HL2 has one

It would be a bit tricky, wouldn't it? There isn't much in the way of spattered
blood, but Valve would have to prevent all those zombies from being cut in half,
launder their shirts, sew up their ribcages, and re-graft their skin.

The game has a 15 certificate. I would suggest that JH take that into account
when deciding whether to purchase.

(I haven't met any Combine troops since I got the gravity gun - can they be cut
in half too?)

--
Paul
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 4:25:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

There's no blood in HL2, it's all cherry jello and catsup.... :)  Ya
know it's not real don't ya... :)  Ya should teach yer kid the same if
that's the concern...

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:32:40 -0800, "JH" <no@email> wrote:

>I'm just finishing up HL, and toying with the idea of buying HL2, but my
>question is, is there a "low blood" mode in HL2 like there was the content
>lock in HL?
>



"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 4:31:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:343gleF4607l3U1@individual.net...
> (I haven't met any Combine troops since I got the gravity gun - can they
be cut
> in half too?)

That's actually a pretty good question, considering you won't find any
sawblades outside of Ravenhold. That must have been a deliberate act by the
designers, as sawblades and other very sharp objects are the only way to
perform such decapitations.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 4:57:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

JH wrote:
> "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1c467bcfec0726f298aac0@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
>>JH proclaimed...
>>
>>
>>>I'm just finishing up HL, and toying with the idea of buying HL2, but my
>>>question is, is there a "low blood" mode in HL2 like there was the
>
> content
>
>>>lock in HL?
>>
>>Yyp. Questions is, why would you want to use it ? :) 
>>
>
>
> I'm not a fan of blood flying everywhere?
>

It isnt blood. Its red pixels. Get over it man!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 6:15:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:41dc94ef$1@yorrell.saard.net...
>
> "Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:343gleF4607l3U1@individual.net...
>> (I haven't met any Combine troops since I got the gravity gun - can they
> be cut
>> in half too?)
>
> That's actually a pretty good question, considering you won't find any
> sawblades outside of Ravenhold. That must have been a deliberate act by
> the
> designers, as sawblades and other very sharp objects are the only way to
> perform such decapitations.

Can you spawn such objects?
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 6:17:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:343oq5F44s8rhU1@individual.net...
>

> Can you spawn such objects?

Actually I don't know why I am even asking...it is obvious that the combime
won't be getting chopped in half as when it happens with the zombies it is a
pre determined point on the zombies' body where it splits....it's not a real
time (position) thing....so if the combine haven't been written to split in
half...they won't....
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 6:20:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:343oq5F44s8rhU1@individual.net...
>
> "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:41dc94ef$1@yorrell.saard.net...
> >
> > "Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:343gleF4607l3U1@individual.net...
> >> (I haven't met any Combine troops since I got the gravity gun - can
they
> > be cut
> >> in half too?)
> >
> > That's actually a pretty good question, considering you won't find any
> > sawblades outside of Ravenhold. That must have been a deliberate act by
> > the
> > designers, as sawblades and other very sharp objects are the only way to
> > perform such decapitations.
>
> Can you spawn such objects?
>

Yes, but I've never bothered to try.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 10:59:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

>
> I have lil monsters here, but they can't play HL2 yet. When they do, I
> think it would be good for them to know that if they're even in a real-world
> situation where they need to decapitate a zombie with a zero-gravity

Hmm, "Real world" and "zombies" in the same sentence ;) 
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 11:51:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

GFree wrote:
>
> That's actually a pretty good question, considering you won't find any
> sawblades outside of Ravenhold. That must have been a deliberate act
> by the designers, as sawblades and other very sharp objects are the
> only way to perform such decapitations.

Right, new challenge: smuggle a saw blade out of Ravenholm :) 

(I agree with Craig, we won't be able to slice troopers since the model isn't
designed for it, but at least we can try, damnit!)

--
Paul
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 11:51:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Paul Catley wrote:
> GFree wrote:
>
>>That's actually a pretty good question, considering you won't find any
>>sawblades outside of Ravenhold. That must have been a deliberate act
>>by the designers, as sawblades and other very sharp objects are the
>>only way to perform such decapitations.
>
>
> Right, new challenge: smuggle a saw blade out of Ravenholm :) 
>
> (I agree with Craig, we won't be able to slice troopers since the model isn't
> designed for it, but at least we can try, damnit!)
>
> --
> Paul
>
>
>
Even though we wont be able to slice them in half im sure it will still
be pretty awesome to see a saw blade toss their lifeless bodies across a
room.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 5:46:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

GFree skrev:

> That's actually a pretty good question, considering you won't find any
> sawblades outside of Ravenhold. That must have been a deliberate act by the

Spoiler warning

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

You could carry one with you through the mines :-)

BTW: Anyone tried hitching a lift from the barnacle in the mine shaft
(before swimming on throgh the tunnel). If not, try it :-)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 5:46:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Andrew skrev:

> Even with the gore on, it isn't exactly a gib fest (unfortunately!).

Well well, the saw-blades and the gravity-gun in "Ravenholm" can
create som gory stuff (try throwing the blade at 5-6 zombies :-)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 5:46:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Craig Coope skrev:

> won't be getting chopped in half as when it happens with the zombies it is a
> pre determined point on the zombies' body where it splits....it's not a real

Not. If I aim low on the zoombies then the headcrab survives and
attact me, if I aid at the head then the headcrab dies too...

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 5:46:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Patrick Michael skrev:

> I think they should have a rainbow come out of a zombies' torso after it is
> severed in two in Ravenholm...kind of like on that one episode of Aqua Teen

The more realstivc thing would be like in the movie "Kill Bill" (vol
1), although that might be a bit to much (think they overdid that).

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 5:46:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

GFree skrev:

> > Can you spawn such objects?
>
> Yes, but I've never bothered to try.

Is there a list of how to spawn different objects.
And a list of all possible "impulse nnn" commands.

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:49:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"[Fitz]Tutenkamu{AGUT}" <fitz.NOSPAMtutenkamu@ntlworld.com> wrote
> Hmm, "Real world" and "zombies" in the same sentence ;) 

It's true! It's true! I've seen 'em in Nottingham on a Saturday night.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:58:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

No, I think you're confusing them with us....

Civilian_Target

David Firewater wrote:
> "[Fitz]Tutenkamu{AGUT}" <fitz.NOSPAMtutenkamu@ntlworld.com> wrote
>
>>Hmm, "Real world" and "zombies" in the same sentence ;) 
>
>
> It's true! It's true! I've seen 'em in Nottingham on a Saturday night.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 1:23:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
news:1105019165.917257@makrell.interpost.no...
> Craig Coope skrev:
>
>> won't be getting chopped in half as when it happens with the zombies it
>> is a
>> pre determined point on the zombies' body where it splits....it's not a
>> real
>
> Not. If I aim low on the zoombies then the headcrab survives and
> attact me, if I aid at the head then the headcrab dies too...

Yeah but the human zombie body only splits in one place....
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 7:43:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

David Firewater wrote:
> "[Fitz]Tutenkamu{AGUT}" <fitz.NOSPAMtutenkamu@ntlworld.com> wrote
>
>>Hmm, "Real world" and "zombies" in the same sentence ;) 
>
>
> It's true! It's true! I've seen 'em in Nottingham on a Saturday night.

Ahh, tracksuits, burbury and gold chains? Yeah I know the ones....
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 7:45:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> GFree skrev:
>
>
> BTW: Anyone tried hitching a lift from the barnacle in the mine shaft
> (before swimming on throgh the tunnel). If not, try it :-)

Yeah, there's some health and ammo up there....
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 7:45:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Paul Catley wrote:
> GFree wrote:

>
> Right, new challenge: smuggle a saw blade out of Ravenholm :) 
>

Should be just about possible.....
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 8:37:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Paul Catley wrote:
> Right, new challenge: smuggle a saw blade out of Ravenholm :) 

why not just use some of the blades found later on in city 17 when you
get sent into the area with the radioactive waste and the zombies in there.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 10:39:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Chris Hawley wrote:
>> Right, new challenge: smuggle a saw blade out of Ravenholm :) 
>
> why not just use some of the blades found later on in city 17 when you
> get sent into the area with the radioactive waste and the zombies in
> there.

Because I don't know that yet.

--
Paul
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 10:39:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:39:52 -0000, "Paul Catley"
<paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Chris Hawley wrote:
>>> Right, new challenge: smuggle a saw blade out of Ravenholm :) 
>>
>> why not just use some of the blades found later on in city 17 when you
>> get sent into the area with the radioactive waste and the zombies in
>> there.
>
>Because I don't know that yet.


LOL! Sticking to the HL1 pace, Paul? :-)

Erik
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 3:45:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

GeoTheCat wrote:
>
> LOL! Sticking to the HL1 pace, Paul? :-)

Au contraire, after a little blast today, I got from the start of the Ravenholm
mines to the Highway 17 bridge. If this was HL1, I'd still be at Office Complex
:o )

--
Paul
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 3:57:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Sure hope ya don't have acrophobia... That area had my heart rate at
140 and by balls in my cheeks... Hated it... Plus I screwed up and had
to go all the way back becouse I missed something... Barf... Gettin'
vertigo again just thinking about it.... Needs another rum & coke...
Staggers off into the sunset whistling Clementine into a Mason jar...

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:45:58 -0000, "Paul Catley"
<paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

>GeoTheCat wrote:
>>
>> LOL! Sticking to the HL1 pace, Paul? :-)
>
>Au contraire, after a little blast today, I got from the start of the Ravenholm
>mines to the Highway 17 bridge. If this was HL1, I'd still be at Office Complex
>:o )



"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 4:06:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Sure hope ya don't have acrophobia... That area had my heart rate at
> 140 and by balls in my cheeks... Hated it... Plus I screwed up and had
> to go all the way back becouse I missed something... Barf... Gettin'
> vertigo again just thinking about it.... Needs another rum & coke...
> Staggers off into the sunset whistling Clementine into a Mason jar...

I am just at the door to the underside of the bridge. It can't be worse than
the claustrophobia of Ravenholm - God, I was glad to get out of there!

--
Paul
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 8:18:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:34bd2iF4688dvU1@individual.net
> GeoTheCat wrote:
>>
>> LOL! Sticking to the HL1 pace, Paul? :-)
>
> Au contraire, after a little blast today, I got from the start of the
> Ravenholm mines to the Highway 17 bridge. If this was HL1, I'd still
> be at Office Complex
>> o)

Ooooh I loved the office complex!
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 8:19:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:34be87F48k0unU1@individual.net
> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> Sure hope ya don't have acrophobia... That area had my heart rate at
>> 140 and by balls in my cheeks... Hated it... Plus I screwed up and
>> had to go all the way back becouse I missed something... Barf...
>> Gettin' vertigo again just thinking about it.... Needs another rum &
>> coke... Staggers off into the sunset whistling Clementine into a
>> Mason jar...
>
> I am just at the door to the underside of the bridge. It can't be
> worse than the claustrophobia of Ravenholm - God, I was glad to get
> out of there!

Hm. From one extreme to the other :)  Have fun! Look ma, a trapeze, no
hands! No net! Aiiieeeeeeeeee!
McG. :) 
Related resources
!