Domain Gets Changed at Local XP to workgroup

a b 8 Security
February 3, 2005 6:57:02 AM

My DHCP doesn't work. I have assigned static IP addresses to my workstations.
Problem is security at client site is non-existent. Anyone can just log onto
the Windows client and change the client's membership from Domain to Local.
How do I disable workgroup from being highlighted and ticked?

Also, how do I prevent my Static IP Address and Subnet Mask info under
Internet Protocol in My Network Places? Your ingenuity appreciated.
--
Daniel tan
Anonymous

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:57:02 -0800, Daniel Tan wrote:

> My DHCP doesn't work. I have assigned static IP addresses to my workstations.
> Problem is security at client site is non-existent. Anyone can just log onto
> the Windows client and change the client's membership from Domain to Local.
> How do I disable workgroup from being highlighted and ticked?
>
> Also, how do I prevent my Static IP Address and Subnet Mask info under
> Internet Protocol in My Network Places? Your ingenuity appreciated.

make the users members of the User group and not local administrators
group.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me