Domain Gets Changed at Local XP to workgroup

My DHCP doesn't work. I have assigned static IP addresses to my workstations.
Problem is security at client site is non-existent. Anyone can just log onto
the Windows client and change the client's membership from Domain to Local.
How do I disable workgroup from being highlighted and ticked?

Also, how do I prevent my Static IP Address and Subnet Mask info under
Internet Protocol in My Network Places? Your ingenuity appreciated.
--
Daniel tan
1 answer Last reply

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:57:02 -0800, Daniel Tan wrote:

    > My DHCP doesn't work. I have assigned static IP addresses to my workstations.
    > Problem is security at client site is non-existent. Anyone can just log onto
    > the Windows client and change the client's membership from Domain to Local.
    > How do I disable workgroup from being highlighted and ticked?
    >
    > Also, how do I prevent my Static IP Address and Subnet Mask info under
    > Internet Protocol in My Network Places? Your ingenuity appreciated.

    make the users members of the User group and not local administrators
    group.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me