Security Events & dumpel

a b 8 Security
February 3, 2005 11:33:02 AM

I use dumpel in a script to extract security events from about 238 servers.
The script loops continueously (as close to real time as i could get it) and
updates SQL2000 database.

My problem is every once in a while dumpel fails and this causes my script
to pause.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X
dumpel.exe - Application Error
'
X The instruction at "0x77fa69c0" referenced memory at "0x54535953". The
memory could not be "read".
'
Click on OK to terminate the program
'
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
'
OK Cancel
'
To resume my script I have to click OK on the error message. I'm not worried
about the logs that i might lose from that one server, I'm worried about the
logs that i will lose from all the other servers.

I have disabled error reporting (registry also) but i need a way to suppress
the Error window that comes up. Is there some setting somewhere that i could
use to disable all windows error messages?Or all Popups? Short of paying
someone to site in front of this PC to click "OK" every 3 hours I'm stumped.

Any help, sugestions, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Cusson

More about : security events dumpel

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 9, 2005 8:43:06 AM

I got the company to get me a brand new machine in the hopes that it would
clear things up and it did. Until i began installing software. I installed
IIS 5.0, .NET 2003, SQL2000 and Office 2003. One of these applications is
the cause of all my misery! So in the end I just threw the script up on a
server and I'm through trying to figure it out. I will accept my defeat!

Though if anyone has any info on which app causes dumpel to crash or any
hypothesis' about this, let me know.

Mikael

!