Xcopy cannt copy encrypted file folders to network share

I use Xcopy with /g switch to copy my encrypted files/folder and
subfolders underneath to network share. Net share is not
encryption-enabled. Xcopy now behaves differently than it copies
non-encrypted file folders to network share. It can't create the folder
and the subfolders on the network share.

Is there any workaround for this problem? For example, is there any VB
script to copy encrypted folders and files to network?

Thanks,

Dean
2 answers Last reply
More about xcopy cannt copy encrypted file folders network share

    deanc@wagged.com wrote:

    > I use Xcopy with /g switch to copy my encrypted files/folder and
    > subfolders underneath to network share. Net share is not
    > encryption-enabled. Xcopy now behaves differently than it copies
    > non-encrypted file folders to network share. It can't create the folder
    > and the subfolders on the network share.
    >
    > Is there any workaround for this problem? For example, is there any VB
    > script to copy encrypted folders and files to network?
    Hi

    See if Robocopy.exe does the job.

    Robocopy.exe is in the free Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

    (The kit will install on WinXP or later, the individual files can
    then be copied to other computers if needed)

    Robocopy.exe will work fine on Win2k, WinXP and Win2k3 Server.

    See rktools.chm and robocopy.doc for documentation for Robocopy.exe.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
  2. Hi,

    I had the same problem with encrypted files and folders and I couldn't get Robocopy to work.

    I used Sys-Manage CopyRight2 to copy the encrypted files and folders. It copied all the network shares, share permissions and NTFS permissions.

    Was pretty easy..... :bounce:

    There is more information about it on the Sys-Manage web site, even some videos on how to use it:
    http://www.sys-manage.com/PRODUCTS/CopyRight/tabid/64/Default.aspx

    Regards
    Dan

Windows XP