Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

*smirk*

No. Not anytime soon...as far as I know, it's not even on the horizon yet.

The next biggest SP to come out of Microsoft will be 2003 SP1

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Lionhead" <Lionhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

Yes, it is most likely coming.
Do not expect SP-3 for 1 1/2 - 2/ 1/2 years, My guess.
When SP-3 is closer, it will be listed here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

You need to find another source.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Lionhead" <Lionhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

Loose your trust in that source -- It isn't true.

--
Dave

"Lionhead" <Lionhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

testy

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:41:03 -0800, Lionhead wrote:

> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

YES it is called LINUX!

Testy

Did your mother give you your nickname?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Testy" <fraudbuster@canoemail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:41:03 -0800, Lionhead wrote:
>
>> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.
>
> YES it is called LINUX!
>
> Testy

After the age of three, you should quit believing what the Easter Bunny
says..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Lionhead" <Lionhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

"Lionhead" <Lionhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

There is usually always something coming. After all that is what we do - we
develop software and there is always the next version or next SP.
And there may well be a XP SP3 - but if it was coming it would be a
significant way off so of no concern to you at this time.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Lionhead" <Lionhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

Not always.
I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !

--
Dave

> Not always.
> I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !

Actually I did say "... there is always the next version or next SP..." -
next version !!
Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discus what we are doing around Windows
2000 SP5 in a public forum.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

> Not always.
> I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !
>
> --
> Dave

*grin* You tease you...

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Not always.
>> I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !
>>

> Actually I did say "... there is always the next version or next SP..." -
> next version !!
> Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discus what we are doing around
> Windows 2000 SP5 in a public forum.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups

>> Not always.
>> I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !
>>
>> --
>> Dave

Well that is an inference that is in opposition to previous statements where Win2K will
receive a post SP4 Roll-Up but not a SP5 Service Pack. I'll take that as an encouraging
sign.

--
Dave

> Well that is an inference that is in opposition to previous statements
> where Win2K will
> receive a post SP4 Roll-Up but not a SP5 Service Pack. I'll take that as
> an encouraging
> sign.

There is no inference at all - I know what the situation with the plan for
SP5 is.
There was no inferred content in my statement.
I am simply not at liberty to talk publicly around any further
updates/patches/SPs/Roll-up etc etc to Windows 2000 post SP4.
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

> Well that is an inference that is in opposition to previous statements
> where Win2K will
> receive a post SP4 Roll-Up but not a SP5 Service Pack. I'll take that as
> an encouraging
> sign.
>
> --
> Dave
>

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
> | > Not always.
> | > I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !
> | >

> | Actually I did say "... there is always the next version or next
> SP..." -
> | next version !!
> | Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discus what we are doing around
> Windows
> | 2000 SP5 in a public forum.
> |
> | --
> |
> | Regards,
> |
> | Mike
> | --
> | Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
> |
> | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> | rights
> |
> | Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
> | newsgroups
> |
> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
> | > Not always.
> | > I don't see Win2K SP5 being released -- EVER !
> | >
> | > --
> | > Dave

peter

I came across a Microsoft roadmap a few months ago that showed XP SP3 was to
coincide roughly with Longhorn's release, but I can't find it now
unfortunately. Anyway, Longhorn keeps getting pushed back so it's anyone's
guess.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada,
>> Well that is an inference that is in opposition to previous statements
>> where Win2K will
>> receive a post SP4 Roll-Up but not a SP5 Service Pack. I'll take that as
>> an encouraging
>> sign.
>>

> There is no inference at all - I know what the situation with the plan for
> SP5 is.
> There was no inferred content in my statement.
> I am simply not at liberty to talk publicly around any further
> updates/patches/SPs/Roll-up etc etc to Windows 2000 post SP4.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups

>> Well that is an inference that is in opposition to previous statements
>> where Win2K will
>> receive a post SP4 Roll-Up but not a SP5 Service Pack. I'll take that as
>> an encouraging
>> sign.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>>

>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>> | >

>> | Actually I did say "... there is always the next version or next
>> SP..." -
>> | next version !!
>> | Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discus what we are doing around
>> Windows
>> | 2000 SP5 in a public forum.
>> |
>> | --
>> |
>> | Regards,
>> |
>> | Mike
>> | --
>> | Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
>> |
>> | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> | rights
>> |
>> | Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> | newsgroups
>> |
>> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

Peter;
This is the roadmap I have seen:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
Windows XP SP-3 has never been listed here except for "TBD"

--

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:21:47 -0500, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) wrote:

> Did your mother give you your nickname?

No actually it was your mother!

Testy

Lionhead wrote:
> Has anyone heard of this......... A trusted source said it was coming.

Why listen to rumors, particularly when the "trusted source" obviously
cannot be trusted to provide accurate information? Go to the true source:

Windows Service Pack Road Map
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

--

Bruce Chambers