Opening XP firewall for SNA

What ports would I add to XP firewall to allow internal SNA traffic?

Thanks

Mike

How are you getting SNA traffic into the computer?

If's a third-party SNA stack, then the firewall should have no bearing on
your connection since the firewall operates only on IP. If you're running
some kind of SNA-over-IP shim, then we'd need to find out what ports it binds
to.

Steve Riley
steriley@microsoft.com

> What ports would I add to XP firewall to allow internal SNA traffic?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Thanks for replying Steve. They are using LU connection type 5250 session and
using IP. I approved XP SP2 yesterday and it messed up every workstation. I
also have all every user lock down. I do know, if I make them power users of
the computer it works and turn off the firewall there session connects. Any
idea?

Thanks,

Michael.

"Steve Riley [MSFT]" wrote:

> How are you getting SNA traffic into the computer?
>
> If's a third-party SNA stack, then the firewall should have no bearing on
> your connection since the firewall operates only on IP. If you're running
> some kind of SNA-over-IP shim, then we'd need to find out what ports it binds
> to.
>
> Steve Riley
> steriley@microsoft.com
>

> > What ports would I add to XP firewall to allow internal SNA traffic?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mike

This is a TN-5250 application? Could be that it's expecting inbound connections
from someplace, and the firewall is blocking it. Try setting up an exception
in the firewall for the application and see if that solves the problem. If
you could give me more details about what you're running on the PCs, that
would help.

Steve Riley
steriley@microsoft.com