ATI DVD Decoder Compatibility

I noticed that certain Radeon models include MMC software but no DVD
decoder. Any particular reason? I have a Sapphire 9100, the install disc
has no decoder. Is it incompatible with it? Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about decoder compatibility

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:31:47 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I noticed that certain Radeon models include MMC software but no DVD
    >decoder. Any particular reason? I have a Sapphire 9100, the install disc
    >has no decoder. Is it incompatible with it? Thanks in advance.

    Because Ati licence their DVD player core from Cyberlink (PowerDVD).
    Therefore, it's only available with Built by Ati cards; you can buy a
    CD which will validate the DVD player download and install from Ati
    (or their agents if you're not in N America).

    patrickp

    "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > Because Ati licence their DVD player core from Cyberlink (PowerDVD).
    > Therefore, it's only available with Built by Ati cards; you can buy a
    > CD which will validate the DVD player download and install from Ati
    > (or their agents if you're not in N America).

    Thanks

Radeon Decoder Compatibility ATI Graphics