ATI DVD Decoder Compatibility

Tim

I noticed that certain Radeon models include MMC software but no DVD
decoder. Any particular reason? I have a Sapphire 9100, the install disc
has no decoder. Is it incompatible with it? Thanks in advance.

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:31:47 -0400, "Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I noticed that certain Radeon models include MMC software but no DVD
>decoder. Any particular reason? I have a Sapphire 9100, the install disc
>has no decoder. Is it incompatible with it? Thanks in advance.

Because Ati licence their DVD player core from Cyberlink (PowerDVD).
Therefore, it's only available with Built by Ati cards; you can buy a
CD which will validate the DVD player download and install from Ati
(or their agents if you're not in N America).

patrickp

Tim

"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Because Ati licence their DVD player core from Cyberlink (PowerDVD).
> Therefore, it's only available with Built by Ati cards; you can buy a
> CD which will validate the DVD player download and install from Ati
> (or their agents if you're not in N America).

Thanks