X800 SE vs. 9800 Pro ?

falaf

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

Does anyone know how these two cards compare? The PCI-Express X800 SE and the 9800 Pro.

"Falaf" <nowh@nowhere.com> wrote in <lXHFc.20946$mN3.1185@lakeread06>:

>Does anyone know how these two cards compare? The PCI-Express X800 SE
>and the 9800 Pro.

I have to see that also for myself yet... I mean both have 8 pipelines,
256bits memory acces..the mayor difference is R350/R360 versus R420 wich
means you get 3Dc compression and the new anti-aliasing trick!

On 04 Jul 2004 12:07:16 GMT, no_spam@spamnet.nl (Dark Avenger) waffled
on about something:

>"Falaf" <nowh@nowhere.com> wrote in <lXHFc.20946$mN3.1185@lakeread06>:
>
>>Does anyone know how these two cards compare? The PCI-Express X800 SE
>>and the 9800 Pro.
>>

>I have to see that also for myself yet... I mean both have 8 pipelines,
>256bits memory acces..the mayor difference is R350/R360 versus R420 wich
>means you get 3Dc compression and the new anti-aliasing trick!

Does anyone actually use AA in any games? Sure it's worth turning on
to impress your mates during a 3dmark03 demo run, but whenever I play
a FPS, AA just makes text (usually messages from your team mates)
almost unreadable!

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Dodgy <Dodgy@earth.planet.universe> wrote in
<janle0hki99dusna7ir62ps6ujgaikbp1t@4ax.com>:

>On 04 Jul 2004 12:07:16 GMT, no_spam@spamnet.nl (Dark Avenger) waffled
>on about something:
>
>>"Falaf" <nowh@nowhere.com> wrote in <lXHFc.20946$mN3.1185@lakeread06>:
>>
>>>Does anyone know how these two cards compare? The PCI-Express X800 SE
>>>and the 9800 Pro.
>>>

>>I have to see that also for myself yet... I mean both have 8 pipelines,
>>256bits memory acces..the mayor difference is R350/R360 versus R420 wich
>>means you get 3Dc compression and the new anti-aliasing trick!
>
>Does anyone actually use AA in any games? Sure it's worth turning on
>to impress your mates during a 3dmark03 demo run, but whenever I play
>a FPS, AA just makes text (usually messages from your team mates)
>almost unreadable!
>
>D0d6y.

GTA Vice City can use 6x anti aliasing...else it's quite "horrible" to play
for a while!