Can not register OraOLEDB.dll COM object

We're running XP Pro with SP2. Installation of Oracle Client also
installs/registers two COM objects used for connecting to Oracle remotely
using OLE DB. These are oci.dll and OraOLEDB.dll. These are failing to
register during install. Creation of a *.udl file shows their Provider
missing. Manual attempts to register these - using 'regsvr32.exe' also fail
with an 0x0000007e error - saying file not found. The files ARE there
(viewed with Windows Explorer), the path variable includes their directory
(c:\oracle\ora92\bin), and security has been checked on both the folders and
users (appear OK). But consistently returns "not found". We're not having
any problem with XP Pro running SP1 (OraOLEDB works fine) - so think some
security settings have been "beefed up" in SP2 that prevent the registration
of needed Oracle COM objects. I checked and the firewall is "off". Any help
or pointers would be appreciated.
--
Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration.
Edison.

Ray, Were u able to solve this? Looks like a WFP issue. Try disabling
Windows File Protection and resinstall the client. With XPSP2, WFP is
enabled by default!!!

--
poryan

TRENDING THREADS