user profiles

I am attempting to set up a mandatory profile on my laptop, so that other
users will have to get the profile I want them to get when they log on using
their own accounts. I have set up a folder with the profile I want in the
admin account, and have attempted to point the other users at this profile.
Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with the path name, and am not sure what
it
should be. When I log on as another user, Win XP pro. tries to use the
profile, but comes up with a message that it can't do this, and has to use
the local profile. Can anyone help, or at least tell me where I can find
out?
Thanks.

Malke

Geoff A. wrote:

> I am attempting to set up a mandatory profile on my laptop, so that
> other users will have to get the profile I want them to get when they
> log on using their own accounts. I have set up a folder with the
> profile I want in the admin account, and have attempted to point the
> other users at this profile. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with
> the path name, and am not sure what it
> should be. When I log on as another user, Win XP pro. tries to use the
> profile, but comes up with a message that it can't do this, and has to
> use the local profile. Can anyone help, or at least tell me where I
> can find out?
> Thanks.

Try this MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974 - How To Create a Custom