PCI Express & Dell

Anyone think the new Dell8400 and XPS3 systems with PCI express ATI-X300 and
up cards will be worthwhile to wait for?

Thanks
Bill

---

No.

The wait for software that uses them will be more fun.

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:58:29 -0400, "Bill-R" <not@home.com> wrote:

>Anyone think the new Dell8400 and XPS3 systems with PCI express ATI-X300 and
>up cards will be worthwhile to wait for?
>
>Thanks
>Bill

nah, i think the amd64 socket 754 is the best bang for your buck.

"Bill-R" <not@home.com> wrote in message
> Anyone think the new Dell8400 and XPS3 systems with PCI express ATI-X300
and
> up cards will be worthwhile to wait for?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

I would say no. I have to agree with Sham's post. Personally, I don't
see myself going near PCI Express until the second half of next year at
the earliest. 2006 is a big possibility too. By then, the hardware will
have matured and there will probably be games out which better utilize the
technology. My advice is let someone else be the early adopter.

Thanks for the responses.

Bill