Log off & Stand by problem

Has anyone had a pc reboot after selecting log off or stand by? My friend's
laptop does this. Does anyone have a resolution for this??
Please repond,

Thanks
--
Alber Torres
1 answer Last reply

    My first inclination would be to tell your friend to check for
    updated video drivers on the manufacturer's web site. If that
    doesn't help you might want to tell your friend to do the
    following:

    Start -> Control Panel -> System.
    Click on the Advanced page.
    In the Startup and Recovery section click on Settings.
    In the System Failure box remove the check mark next to
    "Automatically Restart".

    Now, when your friend selects log off or stand by, a blue screen
    should appear that might give a hint as to why this behavior is
    happening. Also, look in Event Viewer for any entries that
    coincide with the reboots. Record the important info and post
    your question to an XP newsgroup that has a more appropriate
    focus. As you're using the web interface, look under
    Windows/General Discussions for the General and "Help and
    Support" newsgroups.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone had a pc reboot after selecting log off or stand by?
    > My friend's
    > laptop does this. Does anyone have a resolution for this??
    > Please repond,
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Alber Torres