I need help deleting windows password without booting wind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

1) just need to state that I think it is bullcrap that if I want to email
microsoft for help, i would have to pay $35 for a dam email....

2) The problem: I've recently replaced many of my computer parts, new
motherboard, ram, new hard drive, so on...

I hooked up my old hard drive as a slave, and went into it to start copying
over my files. I was able to access all my c:\ and anything in any of the
folders on the drive. The problem is, as soon as I got to the Documents &
Settings folder, i try to open my account folder in there, and I get an
"accessed Denied" error, I'm guessing because I had a password on windows,
and it would be keeping me from accessing the documents folder for my name. I
need help deleting the windows password. I'm not sure if its stored in a file
somewhere in the hard drive, or if its in the registry, but I can not get a
majority of my files (which are on the desktop) unless that password is
removed. If anybody has any solutions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

- Jeff

Comments inline

Jeff8748 wrote:
> 1) just need to state that I think it is bullcrap that if I want to
> email microsoft for help, i would have to pay $35 for a dam email....

Yeah - bought an OEM copy of Windows XP?
That's why there are forums such as this - almost anything can be had for
free!

> 2) The problem: I've recently replaced many of my computer parts, new
> motherboard, ram, new hard drive, so on...
>
> I hooked up my old hard drive as a slave, and went into it to start
> copying over my files. I was able to access all my c:\ and anything
> in any of the folders on the drive. The problem is, as soon as I got
> to the Documents & Settings folder, i try to open my account folder
> in there, and I get an "accessed Denied" error, I'm guessing because
> I had a password on windows, and it would be keeping me from
> accessing the documents folder for my name. I need help deleting the
> windows password. I'm not sure if its stored in a file somewhere in
> the hard drive, or if its in the registry, but I can not get a
> majority of my files (which are on the desktop) unless that password
> is removed. If anybody has any solutions, I would really appreciate
> it. Thanks

Yeah - take ownership of the files and folders so you have permissions to
copy/move them..

As long as EFS is not involved:

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
on a shared folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

--
<- Shenan ->

You have to take ownership of the files. You might want to take a
look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

--
Nepatsfan
"Jeff8748" <Jeff8748@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1) just need to state that I think it is bullcrap that if I
> want to email
> microsoft for help, i would have to pay $35 for a dam email....
>
> 2) The problem: I've recently replaced many of my computer
> parts, new
> motherboard, ram, new hard drive, so on...
>
> I hooked up my old hard drive as a slave, and went into it to
> start copying
> over my files. I was able to access all my c:\ and anything in
> any of the
> folders on the drive. The problem is, as soon as I got to the
> Documents &
> Settings folder, i try to open my account folder in there, and
> I get an
> "accessed Denied" error, I'm guessing because I had a password
> on windows,
> and it would be keeping me from accessing the documents folder
> for my name. I
> need help deleting the windows password. I'm not sure if its
> stored in a file
> somewhere in the hard drive, or if its in the registry, but I
> can not get a
> majority of my files (which are on the desktop) unless that
> password is
> removed. If anybody has any solutions, I would really
> appreciate it. Thanks
>
> - Jeff

princessxy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
There are a few ways to actually retrieve a lost Windows account password. Read on, and we’ll show you the light.

1st Method:
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it’ll show Classic Login box. Now type “Administrator” (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from “Control Panel -> User Accounts”.
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

2rd Method:
Comparatively, using windows password reset utility is a reliable and convenient method for solving the password problem. Normally, the program can easily reset the password to “Blank” with no -reformatting or installation. Do all the job for you automatically.
Follow the instructions:
1.Free download the windows password reset 6.0 iso file :
2.Burn it to a disk to create the boot disk, that simple.
3.Configure your pc or laptop to boot in the cd drive,
4.Insert the CD and it would boot then just disable the password and restart.

Took about 5 minutes for the whole process.

Hope it helps! :)

windows08

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available, but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2003, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password

You can use the ISO to burn a boot CD. Follow these instructions:

1. Download ISO file from http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com Windows Password Recovery Tool
2. Burn to a CD using a CD burning tool such as Nero or Roxio or MagicISO
3. Insert CD into drive and reboot.
4. You may have to select an option in the BIOS to get the computer to boot from the CD.

Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.

You replied directly to a poster and his post from February 4th, 2005, five years ago. Besides coming off as a little disoriented here, you have extremely poor salesmanship. No one is going to buy your software. There are free programs that work better.