Alyx in 3D

OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...

Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make
you eyes go cross-eyed (focus infront of the object not behind it) then have
a go at this...

Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do
this)...you may have to sit a bit away from your monitor...

Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....

http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt

"Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>
> Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make
> you eyes go cross-eyed (focus infront of the object not behind it) then
> have a go at this...
>
> Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do
> this)...you may have to sit a bit away from your monitor...
>
> Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>
> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt

Nah can't see it myself, gotta love how IE opened that Powerpoint file up
though...

-=Dan=- © wrote:
> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>>
>>Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make
>>you eyes go cross-eyed (focus infront of the object not behind it) then
>>have a go at this...
>>
>>Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do
>>this)...you may have to sit a bit away from your monitor...
>>
>>Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt
>

> Nah can't see it myself, gotta love how IE opened that Powerpoint file up
> though...

Wow that is amazing.. It took a few trys and gave me a head ache ;) but
it was really cool..

"Michael Kelly" <ENCRYP7OR@cox.net> wrote in message
> -=Dan=- © wrote:
>> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Wow that is amazing.. It took a few trys and gave me a head ache ;) but it
> was really cool..

As soon as you have done it once or twice it becomes very easy to keep
doing.....

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:345fgqF46qq50U1@individual.net...
> OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>
> Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make you eyes go cross-eyed
> (focus infront of the object not behind it) then have a go at this...
>
> Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do this)...you may have to sit a
> bit away from your monitor...
>
> Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>
> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt

Yup, it works fine, if you can cross your eyes long enough for your brain to sort things out - but
OUCH! My eyes still feel funny, five minutes later... ;o)

Good effort though!

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message news:1105092365.21641.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...
> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:345fgqF46qq50U1@individual.net...
>> OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>>
>> Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make you eyes go cross-eyed
>> (focus infront of the object not behind it) then have a go at this...
>>
>> Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do this)...you may have to sit a
>> bit away from your monitor...
>>
>> Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt
>
> Yup, it works fine, if you can cross your eyes long enough for your brain to sort things out - but
> OUCH! My eyes still feel funny, five minutes later... ;o)
>
> Good effort though!

ARGHGHGHG just tried it again - I think my optician would have a fit - that can't possibly be good
for your eyes!

Toby

On 2005-01-07, Nick <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote:
> "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message news:1105092365.21641.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...
>> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:345fgqF46qq50U1@individual.net...
>>> OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>>>
>>> Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make you eyes go cross-eyed
>>> (focus infront of the object not behind it) then have a go at this...
>>>
>>> Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do this)...you may have to sit a
>>> bit away from your monitor...
>>>
>>> Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>>>
>>> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt
>>
>> Yup, it works fine, if you can cross your eyes long enough for your brain to sort things out - but
>> OUCH! My eyes still feel funny, five minutes later... ;o)
>>
>> Good effort though!
>
> ARGHGHGHG just tried it again - I think my optician would have a fit - that can't possibly be good
> for your eyes!

I've heard it suggested that it strengthens your eyes and can help solve
lazy eye problems.

I do it quite often, draw my own, it's a little hobby :)

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-01-07, Nick <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote:

>>> Yup, it works fine, if you can cross your eyes long enough for your brain to sort things out -
>>> but
>>> OUCH! My eyes still feel funny, five minutes later... ;o)
>>>
>>> Good effort though!
>>
>> ARGHGHGHG just tried it again - I think my optician would have a fit - that can't possibly be
>> good
>> for your eyes!
>
> I've heard it suggested that it strengthens your eyes and can help solve
> lazy eye problems.
>
> I do it quite often, draw my own, it's a little hobby :)

Ohhhh... and where might one view these things you draw eh? ;o)

Toby

On 2005-01-07, Nick <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote:
> "Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message

>>> ARGHGHGHG just tried it again - I think my optician would have a fit - that can't possibly be
>>> good
>>> for your eyes!
>>
>> I've heard it suggested that it strengthens your eyes and can help solve
>> lazy eye problems.
>>
>> I do it quite often, draw my own, it's a little hobby :)
>
> Ohhhh... and where might one view these things you draw eh? ;o)

http://www.fastmail.fm/mail/3d.gif?MLS=FS-*;SFS-FF2-SF=2_1;SFS-FF1-SF=1_1;Ust=378b659f!ba5e41af;SFS-CI=%2Fpublic;UDm=49;SFS-CP=%2Fpublic;MSignal=FS-SendFile**%2Fpublic%2F3d.gif

...not very good, but proof of concept :D

It's a horizontal wire rectangle with a vertical wire passing through
the hoop.

--

> On 2005-01-07, Nick <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote:
>> "Toby" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message

>>> I've heard it suggested that it strengthens your eyes and can help solve
>>> lazy eye problems.
>>>
>>> I do it quite often, draw my own, it's a little hobby :)
>>
>> Ohhhh... and where might one view these things you draw eh? ;o)
>>

> http://www.fastmail.fm/mail/3d.gif?MLS=FS-*;SFS-FF2-SF=2_1;SFS-FF1-SF=1_1;Ust=378b659f!ba5e41af;SFS-CI=%2Fpublic;UDm=49;SFS-CP=%2Fpublic;MSignal=FS-SendFile**%2Fpublic%2F3d.gif
>
> ..not very good, but proof of concept :D
>
> It's a horizontal wire rectangle with a vertical wire passing through
> the hoop.

Sorry mate, I get this message from that link:

The session you are trying to use has expired. This is either because you were inactive for more
than 2 hours or clicked the Logout button. Please enter your user name and password to login again
and I'll try and continue from where you left off. If you were trying to send an email, DON'T PANIC,
just log in below again and I'll send it off.

shawk

Nick wrote:
> "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message news:1105092365.21641.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...
>
>>"Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:345fgqF46qq50U1@individual.net...
>>
>>>OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>>>
>>>Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can make you eyes go cross-eyed
>>>(focus infront of the object not behind it) then have a go at this...
>>>
>>>Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do this)...you may have to sit a
>>>bit away from your monitor...
>>>
>>>Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>>>
>>>http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt
>>
>>Yup, it works fine, if you can cross your eyes long enough for your brain to sort things out - but
>>OUCH! My eyes still feel funny, five minutes later... ;o)
>>
>>Good effort though!
>

> ARGHGHGHG just tried it again - I think my optician would have a fit - that can't possibly be good
> for your eyes!

Another way to do this if the 'cross-eyed' method doesnt work for you is
to look 'through' the picture focusing on a point the same distance
behind it as you are from it..... does that make sense?

I had an old program for making these too - I'll have to dig it out. So
old it's on a floppy :)

--
"valve = worshiping satan (this one is only speculation but probably true)"

Difool in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

> Nick wrote:

> Another way to do this if the 'cross-eyed' method doesnt work for you is
> to look 'through' the picture focusing on a point the same distance behind
> it as you are from it..... does that make sense?

Yeah but I created the pictures for the cross-eyes method...if you did the
other method the pic would look wrong...You'd have to switch them over....

"Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
news:1105092365.21641.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...
> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> OK..I made this...not great.... but still has a cool effect...
>>
>> Remember those stereograms/magic eyes from the 90s?...well if you can
>> make you eyes go cross-eyed (focus infront of the object not behind it)
>> then have a go at this...
>>
>> Go cross-eyed so that the two images merge as one (use Alyx to do
>> this)...you may have to sit a bit away from your monitor...
>>
>> Oh...and it's powerpoint 97 format...sorry....
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/3D.ppt
>
> Yup, it works fine, if you can cross your eyes long enough for your brain
> to sort things out - but OUCH! My eyes still feel funny, five minutes
> later... ;o)
>
> Good effort though!

I did these a couple of yrs back with my digital cam....the subject matter
isn't that interesting but I just wanted to see if I could produce them
without having to use a tripod to keep my cam at the same height for the
pics to work....

http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/texas.html

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Craig Coope proclaimed...
>
>> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/texas.html
>
> Isn't that George W Bush?
>
> Oh wait, no, silly me. It doesn't have a place to insert your hand.

It was given to me by a friend....and no I am English.....

Isn't that a bit too politically topically for aghl? :eek:p

Amazing that ya'll still don't get it... Shakes head and walks off
stage with his head held high...

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 02:33:01 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

>Craig Coope proclaimed...
>
>> http://www.geocities.com/coope1999/texas.html
>
>Isn't that George W Bush?
>
>Oh wait, no, silly me. It doesn't have a place to insert your hand.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

strider

Craig Coope proclaimed...

> Isn't that a bit too politically topically for aghl? :eek:p

Usually. However since I'm the recognised diplomat in AGHL I've immunity
from prosecution or criticism and get first dibs on the donughts with
the little sprinkly bits on top.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> Amazing that ya'll still don't get it... Shakes head and walks off
> stage with his head held high...

Well at least you stick to your guns - as they say in those cowboy
films. On that subject I agree with my mate that it was a shame the
Indians never win in these films. :)

It's true what they say about history being written by the victor, if
you could call movies a form of documentation.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling. It's early morning I can sleep so I thought I
would bore you all.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"Forget about it"

I think the Indians won at Little Big Horn and several other
situations... Get some sleep, maybe you'll come to your senses in the
morning... :)

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 03:24:25 GMT, Strider

Craig Coope wrote:
> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>
>>Nick wrote:
>

>>Another way to do this if the 'cross-eyed' method doesnt work for you is
>>to look 'through' the picture focusing on a point the same distance behind
>>it as you are from it..... does that make sense?
>

> Yeah but I created the pictures for the cross-eyes method...if you did the
> other method the pic would look wrong...You'd have to switch them over....

You're right - sorry. I wasn't even thinking about these type of pics
but stereograms (page full of meaningless patterns that form a picture
when you look through them). ..I'll get me coat...

--

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> I think the Indians won at Little Big Horn and several other
> situations... Get some sleep, maybe you'll come to your senses in the
> morning... :)

....though of course - we make no guarantee's... :)

--
"valve = worshiping satan (this one is only speculation but probably true)"

Difool in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> I think the Indians won at Little Big Horn and several other
> situations... Get some sleep, maybe you'll come to your senses in the
> morning... :)

Movies CF, you know...

:)

--

> Craig Coope wrote:

> You're right - sorry. I wasn't even thinking about these type of pics but
> stereograms (page full of meaningless patterns that form a picture when
> you look through them). ..I'll get me coat...

Lol...actually you are kinda correct...Stereograms do use the focus beyond
the picture method that you have mentioned (and that for me was the most
difficult thing to see....but now it is easy.....)....but they also tell you
that you can do them the cross-eyed way aswell (which is easier)...they just
don't tell you that the image will be the opposite (ie the background will
become the foreground and visa versa).....Actually if you think about making
a "mold" of the image (that u'd pour plaster of paris into to create the
real image) then this would be the "cross-eyes method....atleast in
stereogram terms (not the ones I posted)

But I decided to do it this way 'cause the cross-eyed way is easier (I find
it's impossible to do the normal "focus beyond" method for pictures that
have the subject matter this far apart....unless you sat about 5 meteres
away fromthe screen!)

> Craig Coope proclaimed...
>
>> Isn't that a bit too politically topically for aghl? :eek:p
>
> Usually. However since I'm the recognised diplomat in AGHL I've
> immunity from prosecution or criticism and get first dibs on the
> donughts with the little sprinkly bits on top.

You keep talkin about our George W. like that, and I got a baseball bat
to fix it with :)
McG.

strider

McGrandpa proclaimed...

> You keep talkin about our George W. like that, and I got a baseball bat
> to fix it with :)

You see it's verbal vulgarity like this which forces me to use harsh
words in order to placate or subdue some of the older and more unruly
members of this newsgroup.

Now eat your supper and go to bed young man, and no reading!