  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
February 5, 2005 4:23:56 PM

Hi

i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or logical
drives or even folders.
Thanks in advance

More about : limit users access rom fdd

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 5, 2005 4:23:57 PM

Yes, but the solution will not appear until sometime
after 3:23 PM since my clock is 7 hours behind yours.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"mf_sina" top-posted and wrote:

| Hi
|
| i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
| is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or logical
| drives or even folders.
| Thanks in advance

February 5, 2005 4:23:57 PM

mf_sina wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
> is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or
> logical drives or even folders.
> Thanks in advance

It depends - what version do you have, Pro or Home?

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Try Doug's Security Console

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"mf_sina" wrote:

| Hi
|
| i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
| is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or logical
| drives or even folders.
| Thanks in advance
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 5, 2005 11:12:17 PM

Good one - but I never see the originals, I have a rule, if the date/time on
the post if greater (in the future) of the current date/time (Greenwich that
is), it goes plunk - right into the delete batch.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

news:o TymHk8CFHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Try Doug's Security Console

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

---

> "mf_sina" wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
> | is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or
logical
> | drives or even folders.
> | Thanks in advance

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 5, 2005 11:12:18 PM

Dear sirs!
I'm not living in united states.
if you see my time is after yours because time differs by country. i'm
living inthe middle east.
Best wishes 4 all guys....

"Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NOSPAM)@(SPAMNOT)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:o c$Noj%23CFHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...