Limit users access to Cd-Rom and FDD

Hi

i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or logical
drives or even folders.
Thanks in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about limit users access

    Yes, but the solution will not appear until sometime
    after 3:23 PM since my clock is 7 hours behind yours.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    mf_sina wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
    > is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or
    > logical drives or even folders.
    > Thanks in advance

    It depends - what version do you have, Pro or Home?

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Try Doug's Security Console

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "mf_sina" wrote:

    | Hi
    |
    | i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
    | is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or logical
    | drives or even folders.
    | Thanks in advance

    Good one - but I never see the originals, I have a rule, if the date/time on
    the post if greater (in the future) of the current date/time (Greenwich that
    is), it goes plunk - right into the delete batch.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    > Try Doug's Security Console

    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    ---

    > "mf_sina" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi
    > |
    > | i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
    > | is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or
    logical
    > | drives or even folders.
    > | Thanks in advance

    Dear sirs!
    I'm not living in united states.
    if you see my time is after yours because time differs by country. i'm
    living inthe middle east.
    Best wishes 4 all guys....

    "Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NOSPAM)@(SPAMNOT)hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:Oc$Noj%23CFHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Good one - but I never see the originals, I have a rule, if the date/time
    > on
    > the post if greater (in the future) of the current date/time (Greenwich
    > that
    > is), it goes plunk - right into the delete batch.
    >
    > --
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    > "Google is your Friend!"
    > www.google.com

    >> Try Doug's Security Console
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups
    >>
    >> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > ---
    >>
    >> "mf_sina" wrote:
    >>
    >> | Hi
    >> |
    >> | i have a computer at home with a WinXP SP2 OS. with four users.
    >> | is there anyway to limit users access to cd-Rom and Floppy drive or
    > logical
    >> | drives or even folders.
    >> | Thanks in advance

Security CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP