Error installing Radeon 9000 Please help

I'm trying to install the control panel for my Radeon 9000.
ATI Multimedia Center 7.6.0.0
I get a message that says "Unable to read REG file"

Can I download this file?

Thanks in advance!
Robert Miller

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:14:19 -0400, "Robert Miller"
<stargazzr@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to install the control panel for my Radeon 9000.
>ATI Multimedia Center 7.6.0.0
>I get a message that says "Unable to read REG file"
>
>Can I download this file?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Robert Miller

I think you need to make clear what you're talking about, Robert.

Ati MMC 7.6 doesn't _have_ a Control Panel, and the configuration app
(if that's what you're talking about) is installed by default unless
you deselect it during the install.

Or are you talking about the Control Panel for the display driver? In
that case, you would be better served if you told us what driver you
have installed.

I assume, since you mention MMC 7.6 that the card is an AIW or a VIVO?
In that case, along with the driver and optional Control Panel, you
also need the capture driver for full functionality.

If you downloaded the full (High speed) driver version, the capture
driver and CP are included and will be installed by default. If you
chose the stand-alone display driver (Low speed version), you won't
have the capture driver or CP and will need to dl and install them
from the same place you got the display driver, making sure you get
the appropriate versions for the driver you have.

It would also help to know what OS you're using, and maybe something
about your system. And where and how do you get this mysterious
message?

patrickp