radeon 9800 pro & Formula 1

I have been having constant crashes (no pun intended) on F1 2002 since
purchasing a Radeon 9800 pro recently. I have tried the official catalyst
drives version 4.4 to 4.6 all with no luck, and also the latest omega
drivers. Although I can play the game for short periods of time, the screen
normally go's black and I cant get it back. I have had similar problems
with other games, and they all seem to be a couple of years old, but apart
from this problem were resolved by using catalyst version 4.4.
I was wondering whether anyone else had any suggestions, of either how to
resolve this issue, or any experience of F1 games that worked well with this
card.

I am using aP4 2.4
1g ddr 2700 memory and windows XP.

spencer

Hi Paul,

I will start by stating the "Obvious", Have you updated the drivers (no pun
intended) for the F12002?

Spence

"Paul Gibbings" <paulgibbings@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> I have been having constant crashes (no pun intended) on F1 2002 since
> purchasing a Radeon 9800 pro recently. I have tried the official catalyst
> drives version 4.4 to 4.6 all with no luck, and also the latest omega
> drivers. Although I can play the game for short periods of time, the
screen
> normally go's black and I cant get it back. I have had similar problems
> with other games, and they all seem to be a couple of years old, but apart
> from this problem were resolved by using catalyst version 4.4.
> I was wondering whether anyone else had any suggestions, of either how to
> resolve this issue, or any experience of F1 games that worked well with
this
> card.
>
> I am using aP4 2.4
> 1g ddr 2700 memory and windows XP.

Roach

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004

"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Paul,
>
> I will start by stating the "Obvious", Have you updated the drivers (no
pun
> intended) for the F12002?

I think he means have you searched for game patches