Refresh Rate Settings Problem

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I just got a Radeon 9800 Pro. I keep trying to set my refresh rate to 100hz.
It works fine. But once i turn off my computer and turn it back on its back
to 60hz. No matter what i do i cant get it to stay at the refresh rate i
want. I even tried 85 but it still goes back to 65. Is there something im
doing wrong? Thnx

Andrew

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:05:23 GMT, "Chris" <chrisser32@rogers.com>
wrote:

>I just got a Radeon 9800 Pro. I keep trying to set my refresh rate to 100hz.
>It works fine. But once i turn off my computer and turn it back on its back
>to 60hz. No matter what i do i cant get it to stay at the refresh rate i
>want. I even tried 85 but it still goes back to 65. Is there something im
>doing wrong? Thnx

Have you got the right monitor driver installed?

Get multiRes.
http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/multires.shtm

"Chris" <chrisser32@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I just got a Radeon 9800 Pro. I keep trying to set my refresh rate to
100hz.
> It works fine. But once i turn off my computer and turn it back on its
back
> to 60hz. No matter what i do i cant get it to stay at the refresh rate i
> want. I even tried 85 but it still goes back to 65. Is there something im
> doing wrong? Thnx

Google for "refresh force"
Works for me when I have the proper monitor driver installed.

Rick

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:22:41 +0100, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:05:23 GMT, "Chris" <chrisser32@rogers.com>
>wrote:

>>I just got a Radeon 9800 Pro. I keep trying to set my refresh rate to 100hz.
>>It works fine. But once i turn off my computer and turn it back on its back
>>to 60hz. No matter what i do i cant get it to stay at the refresh rate i
>>want. I even tried 85 but it still goes back to 65. Is there something im
>>doing wrong? Thnx

>Have you got the right monitor driver installed?

Cut-'n-paste from : Omegacorner.com
_____________________________

PROBLEMS WITH XP REFRESH RATES

This problem is about WinXP not applying the refresh rates and is
always stuck at 60Hz no matter which resolution or Refresh rate you
choose. This is how to fix it:

1- Make sure you monitor is identified as Plug & Play or WinXP is
using your Monitor driver.

2- Right Click an empty space in your desktop and click PROPERTIES, in
the display properties, click the followings: SETTINGS, ADVANCED,
DISPLAYS, MONITOR. On monitor attributes, you will see that "USE DDC
INFORMATION" is marked, and you will also see that the maximum
resolution and refresh rate for your monitor are selected. Uncheck
"USE DDC INFORMATION" and press APPLY. Now you can select ANY refresh
rate supported by your monitor.

If the control "USE DDC INFORMATION" is grayed out, here's a fix:

1- Download and install the latest PowerStrip.
2- Run it, it should Autodetect the problem and fix it automatically.
3- Close and uninstall PowerStrip (if you desire)
4- Restart your PC.

When you return to XP the monitor controls should be enabled.

There are two BAD things you should know:
1- OpenGL games STILL have the refresh rate problem. (they will
default to 60Hz)
2- Your currently selected desktop refresh rate will be used for ALL
your games, no matter which resolution you use in the game. Ex. If you
choose a desktop setting of 1024x768x32@75Hz then any game, even
running at 800x600 or 640x480 will run at 75Hz.

I hope one day MICROSOFT fixes this BUG and make the
resolution+refresh rate system just like the one used in Win9x, where
each resolution had it's own refresh rate setting and games run
accordingly with it.

BoroLad