logging on...forgot password

i gave my sister my old computer and when she tried to boot up the pc it
asked her for my password to log on to windows....but i don't remember my
password and i've tried all my old ones and even safe mode but xp pro keeps
asking for my password and i don't know it. so question is
can i get around it or will i have to totally re format my hard drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about logging forgot password

    Something here should help:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "wilgme2" <wilgme2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i gave my sister my old computer and when she tried to boot up the pc it
    > asked her for my password to log on to windows....but i don't remember my
    > password and i've tried all my old ones and even safe mode but xp pro
    > keeps
    > asking for my password and i don't know it. so question is
    > can i get around it or will i have to totally re format my hard drive?

Forgot Password Windows XP