logging on...forgot password

i gave my sister my old computer and when she tried to boot up the pc it
asked her for my password to log on to windows....but i don't remember my
password and i've tried all my old ones and even safe mode but xp pro keeps
asking for my password and i don't know it. so question is
can i get around it or will i have to totally re format my hard drive?

Something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/