Abit KG7-RAID with Sapphire Radoen 9800 pro

Hi ng!

I have a Abit KG7-RAID mainboard with a 1400 thunderbird.
I just bought a Sapphire Radeon (atlantis) 9800 pro videocard, but when I
plug it in and turn on my computer, nothing happens. My minotor never seems
to go out of suspended mode!

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong??

Regards
Mikkel

JohnS

Video store here returned a bunch of Sapphire 9800s.
They came in with parts missing or broken. Send it
back.

johns

Is your mb bios the latest version ?

"Mikkel" <mikkel@leth-olsen.dk> wrote in message
> Hi ng!
>
> I have a Abit KG7-RAID mainboard with a 1400 thunderbird.
> I just bought a Sapphire Radeon (atlantis) 9800 pro videocard, but when I
> plug it in and turn on my computer, nothing happens. My minotor never
seems
> to go out of suspended mode!
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong??
>
> Regards
> Mikkel

Yes it is. Letest version, and I'm quite sure it is not a power isue cos it
does not show anything even with only the videocard and mb connected to the
psu...

"Reggie Hillier" <reggiehillier@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Is your mb bios the latest version ?

Also try alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit.

"Mikkel" <mikkel@leth-olsen.dk> wrote in message
> Hi ng!
>
> I have a Abit KG7-RAID mainboard with a 1400 thunderbird.
> I just bought a Sapphire Radeon (atlantis) 9800 pro videocard, but when I
> plug it in and turn on my computer, nothing happens. My minotor never
seems
> to go out of suspended mode!
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong??
>
> Regards
> Mikkel

Roach

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004

"Mikkel" <mikkel@leth-olsen.dk> wrote in message
> Hi ng!
>
> I have a Abit KG7-RAID mainboard with a 1400 thunderbird.
> I just bought a Sapphire Radeon (atlantis) 9800 pro videocard, but when I
> plug it in and turn on my computer, nothing happens. My minotor never
seems
> to go out of suspended mode!
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong??
>
> Regards
> Mikkel

Ive used 2 of these boards and had similar problems
I believe its a common fault with the agp slot
I tried 3 different cards in this model board and they all did what you
describe.
you really need to push the card in very firmly, in fact one card
would only work wedged at a very sleight angle
Then they would sometimes only work for a few weeks so I would have to mess
around reseating the card again.
so maybe this is your problem maybe not
As a last resort reset the cmos and leave off for a few mins b4 you reboot

roach