Virus Protection

Hi

I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.

How can I switch it back on?
--
Chontelle
3 answers Last reply

    The Windows Security Center only monitors your own installed
    antivirus program. Do you have an antivirus program installed?

    Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883792&Product=windowsxpsp2

    Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Chontelle Douglas" wrote:

    | Hi
    |
    | I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
    | is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.
    |
    | How can I switch it back on?
    | --
    | Chontelle

    Don't depend on MS to tell you about your AV application. Verify it with the AV application
    itself.

    Here is one way... Go to the bottom of the page and click on the files in the "Download
    area."

    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

    --
    Dave

    "Chontelle Douglas" <ChontelleDouglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hi
    |
    | I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
    | is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.
    |
    | How can I switch it back on?
    | --
    | Chontelle

    Yes I have AVG. How strange - yesterday evening it appeared to have switched
    itself back on.

    Thanks anyway

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > The Windows Security Center only monitors your own installed
    > antivirus program. Do you have an antivirus program installed?
    >
    > Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883792&Product=windowsxpsp2
    >
    > Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "Chontelle Douglas" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi
    > |
    > | I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
    > | is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.
    > |
    > | How can I switch it back on?
    > | --
    > | Chontelle

Security Windows Security Virus Microsoft Windows XP