Virus Protection

Hi

I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.

How can I switch it back on?
--
Chontelle

The Windows Security Center only monitors your own installed
antivirus program. Do you have an antivirus program installed?

Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883792&Product=windowsxpsp2

Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Chontelle Douglas" wrote:

| Hi
|
| I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
| is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.
|
| How can I switch it back on?
| --
| Chontelle

Don't depend on MS to tell you about your AV application. Verify it with the AV application
itself.

Here is one way... Go to the bottom of the page and click on the files in the "Download
area."

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

--
Dave

"Chontelle Douglas" <ChontelleDouglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi
|
| I've just discovered that my virus protection in the Windows Security Centre
| is switched off. I'm not sure why or how.
|
| How can I switch it back on?
| --
| Chontelle

Yes I have AVG. How strange - yesterday evening it appeared to have switched
itself back on.

Thanks anyway