need to change resolution without display

Hi,

Just purchased a very cheap ATI 32mb 7000 radeon card to see me through
until I get my x800 XT PE.
The pervious card in the pc was a 9800 XT which I got rid off a while ago,
what I didn't do (and I know now I should have) was to uninstall the ATI
drivers, now when I boot up I get all the right screens but when the Pc goes
into windows (when all the graphics card drivers are accessed) my monitor
tells me to change the computer display input to 1280:1024@60hz and I can't
see anything, I know windows has booted because I hear the start music. I
have windows xp pro.

Can anyone help please?
all usefull replies will be greatly appreciated
Shiva

its ok, ive sorted it.