I Want Points

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 7, 2005 2:30:06 AM

I've not had any for a while and I think I deserve them. I've no idea
what I deserve them for but I must do for something...

Form an orderly queue, thanks

10 "Point Beggar" points.
1 "Cheeky Monkey" point.
2 Official "All My Points Are Forgeries!" points.
2153 Euro-Points (current exchange rates) 0.0001424
AGHL points.
5 "Decloaked before there were Decloaking Points"
points.
5 "I opened a can of worms" points.
3 "I can remember the good old days of the Spectrum,
C64, Atari etc." points.
13 "1337 sig points" points.
1 "I will marry Iphi" points.
8 "As if point beggar points weren't enough" points.
2 "I twatted a troll" points.
1 "Inventive point name" point.
5 "I make up new points" points.
6 "I have humility and guts" points....
2 "AGHL Radio-Quote getter" points
5 "So funny it made him spray a mouthful" points

http://strider.clansites.com/content.php?content.1

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

I'm gonna bounce back and when I do I'm gonna buy you
a diamond so big it's gonna make you puke.
I don't wanna puke.

More about : points

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 4:25:11 PM

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:34:35 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

>Not sure what you mean tbh.

Its quite simple - you put a link on your posts - e.g.

http://strider.clansites.com/content.php?content.1

I click it and IE just comes back with the usual and unhelpful
"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings"

So I simplify - and just try

http://strider.clansites.com

Same result - so I try using Opera - and that just gets totally
confused and thinks it needs to downlaod a file called content.php

Not aware of anything special my end - I dont have problems with any
other sites - hence my gift of points ;-)

If its just me then I cant imagine you are going to worry about it
much - and im not going to move to firefox or mess around with browser
settings that work fine with the rest of the world - but thought I
would mention it.

Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points
January 7, 2005 10:08:16 PM

"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:34:35 GMT, Strider
> <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:
>

>>Not sure what you mean tbh.
>

> Its quite simple - you put a link on your posts - e.g.
>
> http://strider.clansites.com/content.php?content.1
>
> I click it and IE just comes back with the usual and unhelpful
> "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
> might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
> adjust your browser settings"
>
> So I simplify - and just try
>
> http://strider.clansites.com
>
> Same result - so I try using Opera - and that just gets totally
> confused and thinks it needs to downlaod a file called content.php
>
> Not aware of anything special my end - I dont have problems with any
> other sites - hence my gift of points ;-)
>
> If its just me then I cant imagine you are going to worry about it
> much - and im not going to move to firefox or mess around with browser
> settings that work fine with the rest of the world - but thought I
> would mention it.
>
> Cheers
>

> Yojimbo
> aka Justin Thompson
>
> Very proud owner of:
> 3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
> 4 'I corrected Daemon points'
> 5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
> 6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points

Works for me! Took a while to load though - blank screen for 15 secs or so (I'm on 512k)
Related resources
January 8, 2005 4:52:49 PM

Justin Thompson proclaimed...

> If its just me then I cant imagine you are going to worry about it
> much - and im not going to move to firefox or mess around with browser
> settings that work fine with the rest of the world - but thought I
> would mention it.
>
> Cheers

Nothing I can do really. Especially considering you're using IE.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

<poserman>what is considered a long distance
girlfriend?
<poserman>10, 15, 20 hops???
January 8, 2005 6:26:37 PM

Justin Thompson wrote:
> Its quite simple - you put a link on your posts - e.g.
>
> http://strider.clansites.com/content.php?content.1
>
> I click it and IE just comes back with the usual and unhelpful
> "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
> might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
> adjust your browser settings"
>
> So I simplify - and just try
>
> http://strider.clansites.com
>
> Same result - so I try using Opera - and that just gets totally
> confused and thinks it needs to downlaod a file called content.php
>
> Not aware of anything special my end - I dont have problems with any
> other sites - hence my gift of points ;-)

I use IE, works for me.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 7:28:52 PM

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:26:37 -0000, "Jimbob" <meandyou@nospam.com>
wrote:

>I use IE, works for me.

Yes - like I said - quite prepared to believe its me - but also like I
said - I tried with Opera - that failed as well. May be something
deeper in OS.

NM

!