am i going blind

why can't i see this one?? where is the policy that disables user control
of the windows firewall for xp sp2?
3 answers Last reply
More about blind

    Look under:
    "Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesNetworkNetwork ConnectionsWindows Firewall".

    Managing Windows XP Service Pack 2 Features Using Group Policy
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mangxpsp2/mngdepgp.mspx

    Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/depfwset/wfsp2ngp.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Dave" wrote:

    | why can't i see this one?? where is the policy that disables user control
    | of the windows firewall for xp sp2?

    thanks, i must be going blind, i thought i was in that one before.

    > Look under:
    > "Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesNetworkNetwork
    ConnectionsWindows Firewall".

    > Managing Windows XP Service Pack 2 Features Using Group Policy

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mangxpsp2/mngdepgp.mspx

    > Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service
    Pack 2

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/depfwset/wfsp2ngp.mspx

    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    ----

    > "Dave" wrote:
    >
    > | why can't i see this one?? where is the policy that disables user
    control
    > | of the windows firewall for xp sp2?

    ok, let the flames fly... our domain admins have disabled the windows
    firewall because they think it is causing problems. however, i am going out
    on the road and refuse to plug in to hotel or connect to wireless services
    unless i know i have a firewall running. is there a way for a computer
    admin to override that domain policy setting? i could of course just go an
    install a 3rd party firewall, but would rather use what is already there.
    if i remove the machine from the domain does that break their policy
    control? (kind of last resort, but i don't really need any domain access
    from this machine)

    > Look under:
    > "Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesNetworkNetwork
    ConnectionsWindows Firewall".

    > Managing Windows XP Service Pack 2 Features Using Group Policy

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mangxpsp2/mngdepgp.mspx

    > Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service
    Pack 2

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/depfwset/wfsp2ngp.mspx

    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    ----

    > "Dave" wrote:
    >
    > | why can't i see this one?? where is the policy that disables user
    control
    > | of the windows firewall for xp sp2?

Security Microsoft Windows XP