I have a small network setup in my house. All works fine. the problem is I
need to access a folder on a second computer and I am told I do not have
permission.

Both systems on XP Home
All drives have been shared
I am trying to get to the following folder

\\Lizzyroom\Lizzy (c)WINDOWS\system32\explorer32

I can get as far as system32 but then get access denied.I cannot share the
Windows Folder because it is part of the OS correct ? Any help would be
great.

Berry,
Post your question in the Wirleless Networking Group
micorsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless.
--
Uncle John
"Berry West" <bb@bb.com> wrote in message
>I have a small network setup in my house. All works fine. the problem is I
>need to access a folder on a second computer and I am told I do not have
>permission.
>
> Both systems on XP Home
> All drives have been shared
> I am trying to get to the following folder
>
> \\Lizzyroom\Lizzy (c)WINDOWS\system32\explorer32
>
> I can get as far as system32 but then get access denied.I cannot share the
> Windows Folder because it is part of the OS correct ? Any help would be
> great.

jw

Berry West wrote:
> I have a small network setup in my house. All works fine. the problem is I
> need to access a folder on a second computer and I am told I do not have
> permission.
>
> Both systems on XP Home
> All drives have been shared
> I am trying to get to the following folder
>
> \\Lizzyroom\Lizzy (c)WINDOWS\system32\explorer32
>
> I can get as far as system32 but then get access denied.I cannot share the
> Windows Folder because it is part of the OS correct ? Any help would be
> great.

what are your permissions on Explorer32 ? read, write, delete ?
look at the Effective Permissions tab, so as not to overlook something
somewhere else. what access are you attempting ? read, write, delete ?

the Windows folder is already shared as Admin$
even though share names ending with $ do not appear in My Network Places