How do I get rid of Comp. Networking?

a b 8 Security
February 7, 2005 5:31:05 PM

I am still having the user profile problem (user profile not being recognized
and going into temp profile).

Now, it appears someone has hooked up a networking program into my computer.
The program appears as :

WIN (PPP/SLIP)
WAN (PPP/SLIP)

How do I get rid of these? I have tried McAfee Anti-Virus and Lavasoft
Ad-Ware removal. Both have found nothing suspicious.

More about : rid comp networking

February 7, 2005 8:43:24 PM

Hickman wrote:

> I am still having the user profile problem (user profile not being
> recognized and going into temp profile).
>
> Now, it appears someone has hooked up a networking program into my
> computer. The program appears as :
>
> WIN (PPP/SLIP)
> WAN (PPP/SLIP)
>
> How do I get rid of these? I have tried McAfee Anti-Virus and Lavasoft
> Ad-Ware removal. Both have found nothing suspicious.

Those are services for remote access. It sounds like you've been rooted.
Either take the machine to a local professional and have them look at
it or back up your data and flatten the system. If you've been
compromised, there's no other way to be 100% sure that you've gotten
all the backdoors the intruder may have put in your system.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers