How do I get rid of Comp. Networking?

I am still having the user profile problem (user profile not being recognized
and going into temp profile).

Now, it appears someone has hooked up a networking program into my computer.
The program appears as :

WIN (PPP/SLIP)
WAN (PPP/SLIP)

How do I get rid of these? I have tried McAfee Anti-Virus and Lavasoft
Ad-Ware removal. Both have found nothing suspicious.
1 answer Last reply
More about comp networking

    Hickman wrote:

    > I am still having the user profile problem (user profile not being
    > recognized and going into temp profile).
    >
    > Now, it appears someone has hooked up a networking program into my
    > computer. The program appears as :
    >
    > WIN (PPP/SLIP)
    > WAN (PPP/SLIP)
    >
    > How do I get rid of these? I have tried McAfee Anti-Virus and Lavasoft
    > Ad-Ware removal. Both have found nothing suspicious.

    Those are services for remote access. It sounds like you've been rooted.
    Either take the machine to a local professional and have them look at
    it or back up your data and flatten the system. If you've been
    compromised, there's no other way to be 100% sure that you've gotten
    all the backdoors the intruder may have put in your system.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Security Networking Microsoft Windows XP