max/safe temp for a ati 9800 pro?

New to ovclocking with the ati series

What temp's should I start worrying ?

Right now at idle, I get about 43-35. Just using windows type of deal

OC it to 410/370 and she's hitting 56- 58 while playing far cry for an
hour or so.

I'm also getting used to a new case, the p160 from Antec. And using
the probes that comes with the case. I have 1 probe stuck between the
heatsink and gpu for now so I suspect the actual core temp might be a
bit higer. Getting a better cooler this week, the artic one.

My case temp never goes above 29

lee

I would say 56-58c is pretty decent I would start worrying if it could in
the region of around 75-80c.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:14:53 -0230, Newf !!! <usenet42@hotmail.com> wrote:

>:>New to ovclocking with the ati series
>:>
>:>
>:>What temp's should I start worrying ?
>:>
>:>Right now at idle, I get about 43-35. Just using windows type of deal
>:>
>:>OC it to 410/370 and she's hitting 56- 58 while playing far cry for an
>:>hour or so.
>:>
>:>I'm also getting used to a new case, the p160 from Antec. And using
>:>the probes that comes with the case. I have 1 probe stuck between the
>:>heatsink and gpu for now so I suspect the actual core temp might be a
>:>bit higer. Getting a better cooler this week, the artic one.
>:>
>:>My case temp never goes above 29
>:>
>:>

-----
Lee.

"Newf !!!" wrote:

> New to ovclocking with the ati series
>
> What temp's should I start worrying ?
>
> Right now at idle, I get about 43-35. Just using windows type of deal
>
> OC it to 410/370 and she's hitting 56- 58 while playing far cry for an
> hour or so.
>
> I'm also getting used to a new case, the p160 from Antec. And using
> the probes that comes with the case. I have 1 probe stuck between the
> heatsink and gpu for now so I suspect the actual core temp might be a
> bit higer. Getting a better cooler this week, the artic one.
>
> My case temp never goes above 29

how are you getting this vid card temp? what MB yu using?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:55:50 GMT, Gordon Scott
<gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

>"Newf !!!" wrote:
>>
>> New to ovclocking with the ati series
>>
>> What temp's should I start worrying ?
>>
>> Right now at idle, I get about 43-35. Just using windows type of deal
>>
>> OC it to 410/370 and she's hitting 56- 58 while playing far cry for an
>> hour or so.
>>
>> I'm also getting used to a new case, the p160 from Antec. And using
>> the probes that comes with the case. I have 1 probe stuck between the
>> heatsink and gpu for now so I suspect the actual core temp might be a
>> bit higer. Getting a better cooler this week, the artic one.
>>
>> My case temp never goes above 29
>
>how are you getting this vid card temp? what MB yu using?

asus p4p800

temp is in Celsius of course. And it's using the thermal probe's that
come with the Antec p160 case. it has a digital readout built in to
the case. Probe is stuck between the heat sink, and gpu or at least
as close as possible. Once I get the artic cooler installed, I'll do a
better job of placing the probe for a more accurate reading. As for
the case reading, that's another probe sitting near the middle of the
case. And it corresponds with my reading on the mobo as well.

And as for Far Cry. I f'n love this game. not only can I get lost just
stareing at the gorgeous gfx, but this is just awesome. So much to
see, awesome ai, cool vehicles, scarey atmosphere and I love a game
that I can't finsih in one day. I hate games that you buy and your
done in 10-15 hrs. WAY too short for the money you would normally pay
for these things. Far Cry is the perfect lenght so far. I'm pretty far
into it now. I'm at the Archive level. I've been a gamer since the
atari 2600 if not before it. For the last year I've been kind of
drifting from gameing. Besides the call of duty, medal of honor
series, and maybe spinter cell series, there hasn't been much to grab
my interest as of late on the PC. I even bought a Xbox and mod'd it I
was so bored.. But Far cry has really got my attention. I can't wait
to get off of work to play it everyday. BEen a long time since I felt
like that. Since maybe System shock, or half life, or maybe even The
original Deus Ex. Awesome game. I know the game has been out for a
while now, but I held of playing it until I could enjoy it, on a new
radeon :) and new p4.3.0 gig.

Just need another 512 megs of ram now. Jesus it never ends.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in
message
> OCZ Guy wrote:
> > People complain its to short :), you must be
one of the not so bright
> > people in the world :), like me i thought it
was long as well too me
> > WEEKs to finish it :-0
>
> Took me a month, seemed like a week tho :) Last
half took the longest.
> I kept dying for some darn reason ;)
> McG.

And I must be the least bright person in the
world. I've only bothered with the demo, and
there's plenty in that for me. [I don't get to it
much, but even so]. I actually never thought I
would like that kind (FPS) of game, and had always
avoided them until now. This probably explains my
rubbish-ness at it and why I still haven't
finished the fort demo level. You can't deny
though, I'm certainly getting good value for
money.

Neil

Neil wrote:
> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in
> message
>> OCZ Guy wrote:
>>> People complain its to short :), you must be one of the not so
>>> bright people in the world :), like me i thought it was long as
>>> well too me WEEKs to finish it :-0
>>
>> Took me a month, seemed like a week tho :) Last half took the
>> longest. I kept dying for some darn reason ;)
>> McG.
>>

> And I must be the least bright person in the
> world. I've only bothered with the demo, and
> there's plenty in that for me. [I don't get to it
> much, but even so]. I actually never thought I
> would like that kind (FPS) of game, and had always
> avoided them until now. This probably explains my
> rubbish-ness at it and why I still haven't
> finished the fort demo level. You can't deny
> though, I'm certainly getting good value for
> money.
>
> Neil

You sure got that right. BUT think of all the neato stuff you ain't
getting to see or do, eh?
McG.